1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

94-95 BG Turbo Kit Fitment Issues

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by turbon5.0, Oct 25, 2009.

1. turbon5.0

Brian,

I tried to check the spacing between the driverside collector and the sway bar and it is currently less than 1/2". So even if my k-member was raising my motor, it wouldn't clear the sway bar and lowering the k-member can't be an option. Also, if the driverside collector turned down instead of going forward it would clear the hardline radiator hose that I have. Currently both hardline upper and lower hoses don't clear as the upper hits the turbo. I also noted below some pics of the previous kit (coated silver) and the height from the pinch rail. This kit looks lower or at most the same height of the new kit. Keep in mind this kit was mounted without placing the spacer on the trans mount. The pics of the new kit are AFTER spacing the trans mount. Any help would be great.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. boosted88coupe

Buy a pa racing k member with a 2" drop and be done with it... my guess is u got a cheap p.o.s. k member ... buy a pa and u will never go back I promise... brian is top notch and working his ass off to keep us a quality alternative to a hellion kit. Which would have cost u 8 grand at least... if ur gonna do something custom u should send ur k, mounts,and engine specs for mockup...imo.

3. turbon5.0

Im sure its great if you have a stock setup, but he assured the k member shouldn't be the issue. I also gave him the measurements he requested and the specifics of the engine and the heads I have. That still doesn't explain why my initial crossover was built so far out the first time or why the a/c compressor didn't clear at all. Or why I couldn't use the abs at all. Returning the kit wasn't really an option either because I would lose out more money from all the shipping(4x) and coatings (2x).

4. stangboy86

man of all the b and g kits out there, what makes your car so damn tough for this to fit? there are literally DOZENS of those kits on this board in the builds section. something is totally funky with your car dude

5. turbon5.0

Good question. But the kit is also built different from the rest (as seen in the pics) so that can have something to do with it. Others have had issues too, but they just don't announce the snags publicly. Nothing can be funky cause I got a ptk kit to fit fine before...

bridal-shoal