1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

93 Nissan 240sx LS1/T56/Backhalf... Turbo in progress.

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Slo_240sx, Jan 16, 2011.

1. denmah

was it a stock crank? is it common for them to be bent a little or does the power bend em?

first time i am hearing about it

2. Forcefed86

Pleanty of people making 1000-1400 crank hp on OEM crankshafts at 7-8k rpm! Even more on the OEM LS7 crank. Not common to bend from power alone at those levels IMO. Usually other contributing factors.

3. Slo_240sx

I totally agree. There are so many people out there making huge numbers on stock cranks! Then there are a few of us who have no luck at all. Los believes he bent his because of the 2step beating it up. Its apart and though my budget may not like it, I just bought a forged crank. I may as well while I'm here for the second time around. I have to go get it balanced, check the line hone, buy bearings and gaskets and slap it back together. It shouldn't take too long!

4. 2muchboost

Cant wait to see this beast back out on the road. GL with fixing the issue....I am sure you got it :thumbsup:

5. turbosvt93

I am pretty certain this is his car [video=youtube;cBc3yM1D6Wk]&list=UU0PXqiud6dbwOAk8RvslgpQ&index=1[/video]

6. Unatural

Looks like it's running pretty well.:2thumbs: