1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

93 Nissan 240sx LS1/T56/Backhalf... Turbo in progress.

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Slo_240sx, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Slo_240sx

I have heard of this as well, a member spun a few bearings and found the culprit to be a crank bent .005. He concluded it was from a high stall and extended time on the 2-step beating on the crank.. but he is also running 8's. I have seen alot of people over 800 with no problems so I'll run it for now.

2. Slo_240sx

We believe it was from his Dyno. His Dyno Dynamics loads the car ALOT. Its known to be a tire eater. My friend had brand new 275 Gforce Radials, after a few pulls, he tells my buddy the dyno is eating the tires.. He said just keep going.. It went from the stickers on the tires to 40% tread lol.

3. wtfovr

We used a dyno dynamics to run mine and also a brand new set of Nitto NT05R tires. I had to replace one after the run due to sidewall clearance and there is a noticeable difference between the new/old tires. On a plus side it is nice to know that we made 640+ on such a heavy load.

4. Slo_240sx

I was happy I made 600 as well. The reason I had the Coopers Cobras was because they are a street tread, any soft compound tire.. say good bye to your new tires lol.

5. Slo_240sx

Thought I'd update this since I haven't been on here in a while. I dropped 2 cylinders with the stock bottom LS1 so I decided to scrap the whole thing and build something new. Bigger and better.

New build - 370ci 6.0L Iron block, 4.030" Bore, Wiseco -11cc pistons, Callies Compstar rods, full ARP studs and bigger turbo. I got the block back a few weeks ago, decked, bored, line honed, washed and cleaned. Also just bought a nice set of ET Performance 11 degree heads.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

6. Slo_240sx

Some recent pictures of the car.. BEFORE I started gutting it.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Also has some full width 17" Dragstars in the front now.

[​IMG]#ad

A few pictures of the new build. I am chopping the core support to tilt the radiator forward so I can run FAL dual puller fans. The 2.5" cross over didn't allow puller because of the tight space. I chopped off the T4 flange and was actually able to mount the T6 GT4788 right up. its getting finished welded and then it will be on to the 4" downpipe. Once that is complete, the whole thing is being tore down so I can fix all the rust, weld all the unused holes and do a slight engine bay shave/paint. Then the new 370 will go in and then final assembly.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

GT4788 370 240sx, 383 LS 75' Datsun Z and a still rotary 93' FD RX7... All with blown motors :p

[​IMG]#ad

7. Slo_240sx

Spur of the moment spoiling myself..

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

8. Unatural

That ought to make some power!! :2thumbs:

9. Slo_240sx

We'll see what she can do with Meth injection and 22psi :chacha:

10. Unatural

I'm looking forward to seeing those videos!! :drive:

11. Slo_240sx

4" Downpipe w/ wastegate reroute is finished, the whole turbo kit just needs to be finished welded. Engine has been pulled and now its onto shaving the engine bay! Finally some good progress...

[​IMG]#ad

12. chromeyellow

Any updates?

13. bess001

What kind of obx header on the driver side was used?

14. Slo_240sx

I've been busy separating from the Marine Corps but since I have time to myself now here is an update! Got the short block assembled. Wiseco Pistons, Compstar rods and stock crank with all ARP hardware.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  15. Slo_240sx

Rott and rust in the bay.. Cut it all out and welded in patch panels. Going to stitch weld all the seams and do a "bay shave":

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

View attachment 652797 #ad

[​IMG]#ad

16. Slo_240sx

Painted it myself in a garage and wetsanded it:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

17. Slo_240sx

ETP 215, 13 degree tall deck heads. These things are a master piece!

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Engine is in:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

18. Slo_240sx

Turbo is hung:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

19. 99TTGT

cool.!

20. Slo_240sx

Thanks! Got the methanol injection installed today. Shooting for 1000rwhp on 91 and Meth :)