1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

93 Nissan 240sx LS1/T56/Backhalf... Turbo in progress.

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Slo_240sx, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Slo_240sx

Olympic Coatings in Escondido, CA. Dirt cheap and great quality.

2. Slo_240sx

Well guys I finally got her on the dyno. Ryne at Cunningham Motorsports here in Murietta,CA had a tough time tuning this thing. First we couldn't get comm with the PCM, then he couldnt get the injectors under 3ms, then it was breaking up going into boost. Got most of it situated and finally got a full pull out of it. Baseline with 13 deg of timing at 10 PSI it made 557hp. She still had plenty left.

The right rear tire also let go on the last pull. I was sitting in the waiting room and heard a big BOOM. I walked over to the car thinking it blew the bottom end out. The tire ended up blowing apart and shot a 5ft long piece of tread about 20ft away from the car. It took out the lower rocker panel, scratched the side and rear of the car up. I'm just thankful it didnt blow on the road. It should be done tomorrow and I'm guessing it will make around 580 on his low reading eddys current dyno.

Dyno Video Here:
    http://www.streetfire.net/video/240sx-turbo-ls1-dyno_2306227.htm

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

3. watahyahknow

dohw :doh:.... hope that where the old tires :eek:....... those dyno's are tire-killers you know

i wonder wat the speedrating on those tires where , if they spin beyond that weird things happen too

4. terdstang

Good numbers... How much more do you think that stock bottom end will take?

5. Slo_240sx

Yes they were crap tires, a good hard compound so I didnt have to get my drag radials eaten alive. Instead it just chucked the whole tread out from under the car at 120mph. They are cooper cobras I got for cheap.. I guess thats what happens when you go "Too cheap". The tire has been replaced already and hes finishing the tune now. The stock bottom should handle around 600 comfortably.

Also, this dyno is supposedly the heart breaker dyno and my car still managed some decent numbers. I bet it would be over 600 on a mustang dyno.

6. Mad Dart

Nice Build. How much is the MAX boost you will throw at it?

I am curious and anxious to see how much mine puts down. TT SBM 410CI, 9:1 Compression, Direct Port EFI, 160lb Bosch Injectors, Megasquirt 3 with expansion V3.57, Dual Air to Water Intercoolers with a Heat Exchanger and 2 10" Fans, Dual Nozzle Meth Injection coming on around 8PSI.

You can see my build here....... http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=116512 a whole 32 pages.

7. Slo_240sx

Its only going to be a conservative 10 PSI. I'm not rich and I dont need to blow something trying to push it. I am happy at 600whp... for now lol. When I come up with funds I'll eventually get a nice 4xxci LSx and shoot for 1000hp.

Thats an awesome looking build Mad Dart! For some reason when running twins, the big blocks have a hard time spooling 2 of these turbos. I hope you can get yours to come on fast, I think the biggest factor was a good turbo cam spec. Plus, you're running 2 stage nitrous so you'll be fine and you still have room for more boost. My tuner actually said my turbo was too small for my stock bottom LS1.

8. Mr. Dew

Just came across this thread. Gotta love the Mainside (13 Area) hobby shop. Many Marines have built some nice cars up there, including myself. Oh memories. LOL. That's hell of a car you have there. Don't let the MP's get you.

9. Slo_240sx

Hahaha... The Hobby shop is getting quite expensive now. 8 Dollars a day for a flat stall, 6 dollars an hr for a lift. Tires are 10 per and machine shop press is 15 per bearing. Doesnt seem like much but when you have it stored tere for a while it adds up! MP's have to catch me first :angel:

10. adamantium

WOW that's one manly ass 240! :2thumbs: awesome build!

11. Mad Dart

There is a member here turbocuda that has about the same set up as mine 410CI Small Block Mopar, a little more head flow though. He spools up 2 75mm Thumper ebay turbo's pretty easily. Exhaust a/r is the same as these GT45's @ 1.05, I think he put down over 1200 to the tires.

12. Slo_240sx

That sounds like bad ass setup. I keep reading that 2 of these are hard to spool and one person said he would only get 1 or 2 psi in first gear. Odd because there is a video of a red Nova on here using 2 and making 900whp spinning them pretty early. Auto's do have their advantage though. What is your goal hp?

13. Mad Dart

Well mine is mostly a street car. If I can get 900+ to the tires I would be happy with that.

Here is a single GT45 Ebay Turbo on a 5.3 Junkyard motor with a dry 75 Shot of NOS. I spoke to this guy and I think it ran a 6.20 @109mph in the 1/8th if I recall correctly.

&feature=player_embedded[/url]

Here is the Nova you were thinking about, it ran an 8.87 at over 158MPH

&feature=player_embedded[/url]

14. flynbyu82

Cool build, I have a 240sx racecar as well, we just went a little different directions... :)

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

3.5L from a G35/350z. Planning on doing a Cobra m112 blower shortly. Did you have the chassis built when you did the LS1 swap or did you do any drag racing on the 240 irs?

15. Slo_240sx

Mad Dart, yes I've seen both of those vids and those rides haul ass. 900+ Should be easily achievable, you have the cubes to do it. How's your chassis setup?

Nice looking car flynby, I did have the IRS on for a while, though I never had a sticky tire with it to tell you if it handled it or not. I've seen plenty of IRS setups go 1.4x 60'. The biggest factor is a locked rearend and getting solid bushings, especially the ones that raise the cradle 1".

I got the car back today and holy shit does this thing fly! I'll post some on the road videos soon once my new tires come in!

16. Mad Dart

I built a Triangulated 4 Link for the car with coil overs, tied in the frame with subframe connectors I built with torque boxes. The front end will have new upper control arms, boxed in lowers and I am using 6 cylinder torsion bars with 90/10 shocks up front. Using a 325/50/15 ET Street
    Here is a link to the 4 Link"............ http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=101437

17. Slo_240sx

Sorry I haven't been able to get on in a while, the military life isnt very fun lol. Nice 4 link mad dart, Your fab skills are awesome!

Here's a pic and a highway video for your enjoyment!

[​IMG]#ad

18. Slo_240sx

Time to do work!! Just picked up the block from the machine shop.
    New build - 370ci 6.0L Iron block, 4.030" Bore, Wiseco -11cc pistons, Callies Compstar rods, full ARP studs and 88mm turbo. Build will be good for 1000rwhp but will be around 750hp street trim.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

19. 331StrokerStang

I have seen some problems with the stock crank bending here lately. Might want to look into a K1 or Callies stock stroke forged piece.

20. 81shavedtrk

Just saw this. Pretty cool build. I find it interesting the cooper cobras blew at 120. Few guys here running them on 140+ mph on true radial cars. Lol