1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

93 Nissan 240sx LS1/T56/Backhalf... Turbo in progress.

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Slo_240sx, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Z06killinSBF

I'm not normally an Import fan but I love this build. Very nice work!! :cheers:

2. keznevin

Sweet build!!! Can't wait to see what this things gonna do!

3. Slo_240sx

Thanks guys! I get alot of import haters that come around, but once they see the MT's they kind of know mine's a little different lol. I got the exhaust pretty much done, all I have to do now is button up a few things, get new tires and its off to the dyno!

4. watahyahknow

heared rolling road dyno's are tirekillers maibe keep the old tires till after the dynosession ?

5. keznevin

Are you gonna run the gt45?

6. Slo_240sx

I would keep the tires if they were good! Its a eddies current inertia dyno and it will throw rubber everywhere. Theres tread showing so no way its going on the dyno. I need some used hard compound tires and then I'm switching to 17's. I am going to run this turbo because im curious what it will do!

7. blk mk8

great setup, such a good looking car.

8. Slo_240sx

Thanks! Started it up yesterday with full exhaust and 95% of it buttoned up, Man did it sound sweet! Nice deep mellow tone. I'll be driving it back to my place today so I can park it until I order all of my other goodies. ETA for it to hit the rollers is 2 weeks!

9. 331StrokerStang

Yeah or the LSx, or the Backhalf!

10. maverick75

Subscribed for this one!

11. Slo_240sx

It is now running and I've been driving it around staying out of boost. I still need to tweak a few things, some small wiring and buttoning up but for the most part the turbo setup is done. I am going to pull the 4.10 gear out of it and throw in a taller one, get some other small parts like gauges finish her up to hit the rollers! It may be a while before I can get it tuned because I am swamped at work but hopefully within a few weeks. Thanks for the comments guys!

Don't mind the fuel rail covers, I was debating on whether to keep them or leave them off...

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

12. denmah

man that thing should be fun haha

13. maverick75

Keep the corvette covers! Everyone knows what an LS looks like these days, so its not like you can hide it anyways :2thumbs:

14. wetback

I say paint them to match the body and get them to say boost, something funny like "uh hu didn't expect this did ya?", "not an SR20", "stop drooling on my fenders" lol something like that

15. Slo_240sx

I think I'm definitely going to keep the covers but leave them as they are. However I will make a cooling panel for the front over the radiator to the bumper and the phrase might say "I DON'T CARE HOW THEY DO IT IN JAPAN!" :)

Right now I am putting on the Wastegate line, I tapped the intake for 1/4" so I can do a 1/4" NPT to -3AN. -3AN SS Line to a -3 10mm Banjo on the gate. Planning to run 10PSI just off a large red spring for my 44mm gate. Thanks for the comments guys! -Alex

16. watahyahknow

maibe it should say NOT made in japan

17. Slo_240sx

Thats a good one too.

heres another pic, I have to do some poilshing and some small buttoning up buut for the most part its done.

[​IMG]#ad

18. davidjalb

Think your going to melt those corvette coil covers? It looks like the passanger one is almost touching the downpipe?

19. Slo_240sx

You know whats funny, its actually touching the dp and I'm to lazy too shave it a bit. That thermal coating is so awesome, I can touch it after like 2 mins of it being shut off so the cover isn't melted even bad, it just clearanced itself lol. I'll fix it tomorrow but as far as heat issues go, nothing is even melted like I thought it would. Thermal coating was a damn good investment.

20. turboventura

Who did your coating?