1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

93 Nissan 240sx LS1/T56/Backhalf... Turbo in progress.

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Slo_240sx, Jan 16, 2011.

1. denmah

nice! are you going to build a dump pipe for that wastegate?
    i cant wait to see the results

2. Slo_240sx

I already kinda have one that was from another build and just happened to fit on this but I'm going to reroute it back into the downpipe... Sneaky Sneaky :)

3. denmah

ah rerouted, my favorite :2thumbs:

i have two friends with sr20 cars that make 400whp on pumpgas, i love the lsx 240 game though!

im always trying to convince them lol

4. Slo_240sx

Nice, Im not a fan of the Sr anymore... Our first one was back in 2000 lol. had to step it up... mine should make 600 with the stock lower end lol.

5. Slo_240sx

Started her up today... ran like poo, a few spark plug wires were damaged on removal (I hate Nology). Going to send hot parts off to get powdercoated, finish the fuel system and off to get her tuned!

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

6. Z06killinSBF

I love this car!!It makes me want one. There was a turbo'd (stock 4) one on my old base and it ran pretty good. It was purple though. I really really like yours. Now just put some 17's on it!!

7. Slo_240sx

I am so burned out working on this thing lol. It has nickel'd a dimed me pretty good! I dont know what it is and the drift crowd doing crazy bright colors, not my style. I am getting 17s on it ;) Doing the RSI Dragstars in 17x8 in the front and 17x9.5 in the rear on a 295 MT. Cant wait!

8. Slo_240sx

Got some the hot pipes back from powdercoating... All thats left is to make the wastegate reroute, fuel system, bolt on the intake, button it up and tune it!

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

9. fullsizeterror

that's a bitchen build, looked forever for a 240 or even old datsun 280z style and nothin around here without major issues. You do some clean work great job.

10. wildcardfox

Great job. :2thumbs:

11. Slo_240sx

Thanks for the compliments! Clean older Nissans are hard to come by these days. They are either going to the junkyard or drifter fan boys are booger building them.

Halt is on the fuel system... my supplier is out of PTFE fittings for a month :( I may just bite the bullet and get regular rubber steel braided hose... just worried about fuel sweat after a while. Plan for fuel is to run dual Bosch 044 pumps, -8an to a magnafuel Y, -8 from y to rails, cross over in front to a aeromotive reg. and returned with -6. Will -8 support 1000Hp later on?

Going to fab up the reroute tomorrow and send it out for powercoating then the fabbing is done minus the exhaust. Also have to tap the intake right behind the TB for 3/8NPT for my IAT. I'll keep you guys posted.

12. watahyahknow

dont they use those fittings in the militairy ? you might go ask around at the workshops there the fittings originally came out of airplanesystems

13. turboventura

Yea, I believe AN stands for army navy, you'd think if that was there standard it would drive cost down, but I can't believe how much money I've spent on fittings!

14. Slo_240sx

Yes they are apart of aviations systems and stands for Army/Navy, "A" sometimes substituted for Airforce. I am not apart of a wing unit, though I may call some friends... thanks for the idea. I can however, score some nice amphenol connectors :chacha:

Military standards dont mean anything! Military supplier's cost are ridiculously high, just because demand is up since the military usues them doesnt make cost go down. Look at the price of .223 and 5.56mm ammunition! I've spent so much into my fuel system so far I dont even want to count lol...

15. watahyahknow

whell the price may be high but if they have the part on stock you be driving sooner

16. Slo_240sx

Touché. I have my whole fuel system planned out and I can get most of the fittings I need. They just dont have any -8 straight hose fittings right now so I'll have to sub those for regular fittings and SS rubber line. Fuel system should be done next week, time to button this thing up!

17. Slo_240sx

Buttoned up most of the interior, got some fuel done and just have to mount the pumps, run lines and button some small ends up! If i didn't have to work this weekend it would probably be done. Also got the rest of the piping in... BLING!

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

18. turboventura

Looks pro man, good work!

19. Slo_240sx

Thanks! Hopefully I get it out and running in a few weeks!

20. Slo_240sx

Fuel system near complete, I just have to run the line from my tank to the second Bosche 044 pump I have and connect the return line to my regulator.
    Exhaust is almost complete as well. 3.5" Downpipe and full 3.5" exhaust to a Flowmaster Hushpower muffler with all V-bands. Pics didnt save to my phone of it done :(
    I have to get my PCM reflashed for 80LB injectors now and I should be able to start it again. I need new wheels and tires before it goes on the dyno, those MT's are SHOT.
    Thanks everyone!

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad