1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

93 Hatch/ 408 ci / Ponydown PT4788 Build, Holley HP EFI. IT FINALLY RUNS!!!

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by ewoogy, Aug 23, 2011.

1. 1hcam

When I installed my AMS-2000 I was told to either drill and tap another port into the gate or just have the sensor as close to the gate as you can get it. I originally had the sensor about 16" or so away from the gate and the soleniod were going crazy. Moved it 2" from the gate and it was rock solid. I just T'd the sensor into the top port of the gate. I used 1/4" push lock air lines for everything. Easy to work with.

2. ewoogy

Ok thanks for the info. I'll just screw the pressure sensor directly into one of the ports on the gate.

3. hoopty5.0

How many feet of wrap did it take so far? I need to order some soon

4. ewoogy

I ordered 50' of 2" and 50' of 1" wrap. I don't really like the 1" wrap, I would use all 2" if i did it over again. I just ordered 75' more of the 2". I thought 50' might be enough but I didn't want to run out again so i went ahead and ordered a 25' roll too. If I have extra, I'll just wrap further down the down pipe under the car till i run out. I really do like the DEI titanium wrap though, found it on Amazon with Prime two day shipping. Its a little more expensive but its way easier to work with, and no itchy fiberglass to deal with!

5. Hemann

That is how mine is. So far it still reads pressure.

6. ewoogy

Ok thanks, I just got the rest of the wrap today so I'll try to get the hot side done and installed this weekend.

7. ewoogy

Took off work today so had a few hours to mess with car. Got waterpump installed, power steering pump, alternator, injectors and rails, wrapped driver header and installed, wrapped crossover pipe but didn't put on yet, started wiring all engine sensors, I think that's about it.

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

8. ewoogy

Turbo, down pipe and crossover pipe installed

image.jpeg #ad

image.jpeg #ad

9. ewoogy

10. Chris91LX

Glad to see it coming together. Nice work.

11. PEARL MUSSIN

Looks like a beast

12. ewoogy

It was when It actually ran a few years ago lol. Hoping for 9's on drag radials this time. I think I can get it.

13. hoopty5.0

Gonna do any work this weekend? Looks like its just a few hours away from done!

14. ewoogy

Probably not, daughters bday this weekend so will be pretty busy. Took a week off work starting on the 17th so going to try and get it finished up that week.

15. racerron67

16. ewoogy

I asked Jeff with ponydown about that years ago and he told me the joints he uses don't have that wire mesh inside that comes apart. I can't really look into it to see, maybe I can tell looking through wastegate mouning hole.

17. racerron67

[​IMG]#ad
    this is what happen to a friend of mine

18. hoopty5.0

Did you get any kind of acknowledgment from the catch can guy that your order was received? All I got was the receipt from Paypal. An ETA would be cool...

19. ewoogy

nothing yet. i'll try and email him.

20. ewoogy

He sent an email saying he was boxing it up now and will be in the mail tomorrow and will send tracking number.