1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

93 Hatch/ 408 ci / Ponydown PT4788 Build, Holley HP EFI. IT FINALLY RUNS!!!

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by ewoogy, Aug 23, 2011.

1. ewoogy

Yeah I really do want to get it running and I'm hoping that will change my mind into keeping it :). But I got to convince the wife that I should keep it and that's the hard part. I pulled it apart in a few hours last Saturday and it game me the itch to want to keep working on it and I thought I would but its been sitting again since lol. I'm going to try to get out this week before work a few days and get the interior back together. My damn welding helmet does not auto darken anymore so I got to go buy a new one tomorrow so I can finish up the welding that I need to do.

Eric

TTF/Ken likes this.
  2. hoopty5.0

Ahh! Don't sell it! I think I've been through 2 cars since I dropped your cage off, hahaha. About to start another turbo project, let hope this one sees the street! Keep at it, glad to see you are still working at it.

3. racerron67

what part of houston do you live in?

4. ewoogy

Sorry for the late reply lol. Life always has me busy. I'm in Cypress area.

Got the engine back from the builder in late April but it's just been sitting in the garage. Finally started really working on it all this week. Got the interior totally finished and back together, ordered willwood front brakes last night. Was going to get the Baer's but already have 15" front runners and didn't want to buy new 17" wheels. I hope to have the brake system all done next week and then start putting the motor and trans back in. Slowly making progress.

Eric
    image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

5. ewoogy

Got all my parts in yesterday. Time to get to work.

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

6. racesloth

Good to see you are back at it...

7. ewoogy

Thanks, hopefully I can keep on it and get it finished. Had a busy week at work so didn't work on it till tonight. Had to go to five different stores to find a .332 drill bit to tap the spindles. Worked on it for about two hours and got one side drilled, tapped and bracket mounted. Will try to finish brakes up this weekend.

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

8. Hemann

Looking good. Drilling those spindles is not fun.

9. ewoogy

Drilling and tapping was the worst part!!!

Got one side done.

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

10. ewoogy

On the last damn hole!!!!!!!!!

image.jpg #ad

I'm so pissed now!!!

Ok, calmed down and worked on it for about 45 mins and got it out. Got to go buy a new tap tomorrow but also tempted to just stick a grade 8 bolt through it with a locknut and lock tight on the back side and save the headache. I don't see why that wouldn't be just as good.

image.jpg #ad

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  11. Hemann

I broke a tap also. That spindle is pretty hard metal.

12. Chris91LX

Been there done that. I busted 3 taps on one hole doing mine. You really got to take your time with it.

13. Twin Turbo Skylark

I find the best way to clean threads is and old bolt with a slot ground down it and the crud gets picked up in the slot and it cleans the threads.

14. ewoogy

I ended up buying a new tap yesterday and was able to finish up the passenger side this morning. Was not fun tapping those holes!

Removed the factory proportioning valve and installed the fittings to splice the lines together. Started to install the new valve up by the joint in the line by the passenger side firewall but I had the wrong fittings. Parts store didn't have the correct ones so had to order them. Tomorrow morning I'll try to get the valve done and get the cobra master cylinder installed. Then just need to bleed the brakes and then I'm ready to start putting the motor back in. Hope to have the motor and transmission back in and start hanging the turbo kit back on by this weekend. Still need to get the boost control solenoids and co2 bottle installed and hooked up. Slowly chipping away at it.

15. ewoogy

Finally got someone to help with bleeding the brakes, had one leak but just tightened up the fitting a little more and it stopped. Got some stuff finished up under the car, secured the brake lines and fuel lines that I had to move while installing the through the floor subframes. When and got the front tires mounted so I could push the car around and then got the motor and trans dropped in today.

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

16. ricky

hey there stranger,glad to see you back at it! looking good

17. ewoogy

Hey Rick! Yeah took awhile but finally got started. Now that I'm working on it and making progress I don't want to sell it anymore lol, just don't tell my wife !!!

You make any progress on your car?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  18. ricky

hahaha,I hear ya! that's great,glad to see you are going to get it done and enjoy it

I have been doing some work,but whew,its hard to get out in that shop when its so hot nowadays!

19. ewoogy

Well me Wife started school again last Monday so I'm taking care of the baby every day till I leave for work in the afternoon so not much time to work on car. I have been just trying to make a list of parts I need to order, ordered a Holley input / output harness, co2 bottle bracket and some AN fittings I needed.

So I have a question, my W/G has two ports on it. One port will be co2 pressure line and second port will be pressure sensor for boost control. If I screw the pressure sensor directly into the W/G port will the sensor melt? I have some branded 4an line I could use to move the sensor away from the gate but would that slow the signal down or make the pressure it sees not as accurate? Was going to use the 4an line for the co2 pressure port also but was worried the rubber part of the line might just melt too. Any ideas?

Eric

20. ewoogy

Got passenger header wrapped, down pipe wrapped and almost all of driver header but ran out of wrap so just ordered some more. Got down pipe and passenger header installed.

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad