1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

93 Hatch/ 408 ci / Ponydown PT4788 Build, Holley HP EFI. IT FINALLY RUNS!!!

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by ewoogy, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Mustangbrad94gt

looks awesome Eric, how did the remote tune go with Dennis?

2. ewoogy

Never made it that far. Have not even looked at the car in about a month and I still have the turbo kit sitting on my work bench so long way from starting it back up. I'll get it done one day.

3. Mustangbrad94gt

turbo kit on the bench? I didnt know you were changing your combo up, guess I need to back-up and read your posts, lol

4. ewoogy

No not changing. I took it apart to wrap the hot side and needed to do a little more cutting for clearance around the turbo. Just have not put it back together yet.

5. Mustangbrad94gt

Oh. o.k. when you're ready are you still gonna try the remote tune, I'm real interested in that, I still would need to find somebody willing with a dyno, krugan is kinda close to me in atlanta(2hrs), dont know if he would be down with it, he is one of the top ranked tuners in our area, but I would sure like to have mine tuned by Dennis, BTW you're cage and connectors and outriggers really turned out nice

6. ewoogy

Yes I will still use him if possible. I have free access to a dyno so ill have him do the tuning. I have seen a shop use someone else tune a car remotely like that before so I'm sure it will work fine. Thanks for the compliments, I'm really happy how the cage and all turned out!

7. Hemann

That cage turned out great. Wish I would have taken the time to do the outriggers and sub frame connectors.

8. Turbo Fox

car is looking great!

9. mootang

I keep hearing that the Holley won't work with stock gauges/aftermarket stock type gauges but I see that you have auto meter gauges hooked up. did you have to do anything special to install them? also are your stock gauges still functional?

Thanks,
    Scott

10. ewoogy

The auto meter gauges have there own input sensors, they do not need to be hooked to the Holley computer. If I had to do it over I would not even buy any gauges because the Holley touch screen has a function where it displays all the gauges for you on the screen. My stock gauges do not work because I disconnected them, they are very inaccurate so no point in using them anyway. My volt gauge and gas gauge and speedometer still work.

11. mootang

Thanks for the clarification. So do you have to run two separate sensors in order to run the gauge and still be able to control/log with the Holley? I plan to run an all auto meter cluster like the Florida 5.0 one because I don't care for the digital screens. And I've heard nothing but great things about the Holley EFI's so.

Thanks again! Your car is an inspiration for my build!

12. ewoogy

Yes you need two sensors. I just have a T fitting and have both sensors off that fitting. Example I have a fuel pressure sensor for my auto meter gauge and a second fuel pressure sensor for the Holley computer off my fuel pressure regulator. Same with oil pressure.

13. mootang

Thank you. Now I just hope they add flex fuel to the features before I finish my project.

-Scott

14. nj636

updates?

15. ewoogy

No good updates on the car, have not really touched it in about a year. Finally bought and moved into new house after months and months of searching. Didn't get the three car garage I wanted but at least it's an oversized so I have 8-9ft of space past the front of the car. Also wife had our baby in June and baby had to stay in hospital for two months so now that she is finally home I'm getting the inch to get the car done. Last weekend I started getting the garage cleaned up and this weekend I'll be running wire as the garage only has one damn electric plug in it and that won't work.

As for the car I'm pretty set on pulling the motor and trans out. The oil pan has leaked since day one and I'm tired of it leaking and I have a freeze plug leaking so just going to pull it out and reseal everything. The trans is leaking from the front pump seal I'm guessing so need to fix that too. Should have some new updates here in the next few weeks and want to get it running and back at the track by end of the year.

Eric

16. Turbo86GT

Very nice build, was that a Wolfe Racecraft Cage?

17. ricky

Eric,if you need some help pulling the motor/trans out..give me a shout..might get me motivated to work on mine some,now that the heat seems to be letting up some

got a new cell ,so i'll pm you the number

18. ewoogy

Yes sir it was a Wolfe cage. Pretty easy to work with, good quality.

19. ewoogy

Man its been a long time since I have been on here, having kids sure changes your life and your free time! The car has been sitting for a few years now and I almost sold it late last year but I decided I wanted to get it up and running again before I let it go. I got the motor and the transmission pulled out last week and the motor is at the engine builders house now. No real problems, was just leaking oil and water from sitting so long I guess. Going to reseal the motor and have the builder just check it over and see if everything is good on it. The transmission was leaking also from the front pump seal so got to get that changed as well. After that I should be good to get it back together and hopefully running again. Once its running im still thinking im going to be selling the car, I just don't have the time for it anymore and have lost interest after not messing with it for some long. Maybe ill change my mind when im able to drive it again but I could use the money for other things so we will see. I would like to get it to the track at least one more time.

So I have to finish up the interior of the car, install the passenger seat and harness, install the C02 stuff for the boost control, I am totally replacing the cooling system and wrapping the hot side of the turbo kit which I hope will help with engine temps, still have to replace the front brakes with something better than stock stuff. I think that's all I really have left to do, was thinking of replacing the k-member but would have to put that money in it just to turn around and sell it. Hopefully I will have more updates soon.

image1.jpg #ad

Eric

image1.jpg #ad

20. stillridin

I know all to well how life consumes you, and passes by so quickly. It is amazing. It's good to see your at least going to run it again.