1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

93 COBRA BUILD (1000HP GOAL - TT 5.4L DOHC - 345/30/18's - Custom IFS)

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by MSM69Z28, Jul 7, 2007.

1. wtfovr

Glad to see you back in it. This thread got me motivated to build my over the top street car. I remember reading it in July/August 2007 while I was waiting for my first shipment of parts to hit the garage and before the car got dropped off the trailer from the seller.

I really look forward to some pics to motivate me again to get mine back together and drive it.

2. MSM69Z28

Here is a quick pic with the Meizere 55 GPH electric water pump, tensioner, pulleys, and 250A chrome alt. Ordered the belt. The alt barely fit. That worked out good, but almost didn't fit. Also cut two holes in the fender well to route the 4" turbo inlet tubing into the fenders. Working on that next and then getting close to wrapping up the engine compartment.

Thanks,

Michael

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  3. jevans

Very Nice...

4. wtfovr

Glad to see you back at it.

5. MSM69Z28

This summer is just is not going my way. Took the Viper to Norwalk (Summit) Motorsports Park Wednesday with a few friends and blew the differential. My friend has a crotch rocket and me and him grudge match. Its about 2hrs from my home so it was a pain in the ass. Took a chance driving it out so had to flat bed it home. That was ridiculous $$, but they knew I was F**Ked and really bent me over. It was not a good night. Only did mid 11s first run after missing 4th. Missed 4th again 2nd run. Just really struggled to pull the gears hard with just having my shoulder surgery (atleast thats the excuse I am sticking with), and 3rd run.. BOOM.

So after spending about $1k in cobra parts this last 2 weeks, I have about another $1k to get the Viper up and running again. Geez.

Working on the intake tubes and inner fender air cleaner mounts. Hope to have some pics later.

Here is a vid of my crappy runs. Best run with this car is 11.0@128mph, but still with a soft launch. Should be high 10s if I could drive it!!

Thanks

Michael

6. 99TTGT

7. rms7430

awesome build i see that you said it has stock length rear. what is the the offset/ backspacing of the rear wheels?

8. BlownShovel

Isn't Norwalk a few hours away form you? Anyway the passes show some 10 potential for sure.

As for the accident... dang man... that was one heck of a spill - and long road to recovery

9. Patrickfoxbody

I've been reading this for the past hour and bit... EPIC build, honestly insane.
    I've searched multiple times for a good build never came across one.
    So as I was researching 5.4L parts for my build came across this and wow... In love.
    Glad you stuck by it and didn't give it up. I'm looking at a few years to build mine so thanks for showing what it all comes to.
    Good luck,
    Patrick.

10. MSM69Z28

The wheels started off as 18x9.5" 50mm offset but had 3.5" added to the inside. The cobra axles are .75" longer than stock 5.0 mustangs.

Thanks,

Michael

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the kind words.

Michael

11. Patrickfoxbody

You're very welcome. How's the shoulder injury?
    I currently have one as well and does it ever stop me and unmotivated me to do any work in the garage... Hate it.

12. Patrickfoxbody

I couldn't find it anywhere but what type of front suspension is that? What coils? Did you switch to 1000 pound springs?

13. MSM69Z28

Healing slowly. Physical therapy twice a week. Been exactly 3 months since the surgery. 7 ankors and a screw holding it together. Still very weak, but mobility is coming back. Thanks for asking.

Art Morrison IFS kit. Eibach 800# springs. Switched since some of the original pics were taken which had lower rated springs..

Thanks,

Michael

14. Patrickfoxbody

No worries, I understand the pain so annoying, I got t-boned by a drunk driver doing 130km/h in a 50km/h residential zone. Best part was I was parked in my driveway. Really *#@$ed my shoulder from that.
    Did you build the tubbed rear end? What thickness did you use? And just cut to the outside of the frame and infront of the torque boxes?

15. MSM69Z28

I have some pics of the air intake. The K&N air filters are 9" by 7" with 4" inlet diameter. These were the biggest ones that would fit. K&N tech says each one will flow 1187 cfm. I am going to make some flange rings where the inlet tubes pass through the fender well. I also am going to weld on a mounting bracket to make sure they stay put. The bottom is about 8" inches from the ground, but I don't plan on going through a deep water with this car anyway. :adoration: I may also run a prefilter if it looks like the tires are kicking up too much dirt. Next on the list is the dry sump oil tank.

Thanks,

Michael

16. ducatibrian

Awesome fabrication work!

Keep after it. It will be finished before long.

17. bumblebee

Looking good! :)

18. 99TTGT

glad you are back at it,keep up the good work.!

19. MSM69Z28

I purchased a dry sump oil tank. Includes stainless screen filter and 16AN inlet and outlets. Has internal baffling, and a mounting pad so I mount behind the rear seat. Really well made. Pics don't do it justice. Its holds 12 quarts.

Thanks,

Michael

20. fattirehotrods

you buy that but made your own oil pan :dontknow: just giving you crap, looks awesome.