1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

'89 Mustang GT S475

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by bluestang23, Sep 19, 2014.

1. bluestang23

Just purchased a 90mm TB and 2" spacer for my build. Got it from american muscle .com with a 15.00 off code. So im excited for the holidays and what they bring me and look forward to getting my parts.

2. bluestang23

Just started my wire tuck project. I figure while the 302 is coming out, i might as well do it out now instead of the later. Any tips from those who has done this? Today I started on the driver side and fed all the wires behind the shock tower hole. Rehooked everything up and grounded the head light wrie harness.

Looks alot cleaner with the wires out of the way. Once the 302 is out, i will start unwrapping the wire loom from the fire wall and re tape it, to fit under pinch well.

3. 92LX-5.8

Thats the same way I did mine, there are different ways but that seems to be the easiest.

4. bluestang23

Well Santa came and I got great gifts.
    -CXracign intercooler piping
    -Boost gauge
    -Oil pressure gauge
    -Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
    -Long hood light

Also purchased a 4400lbs engine puller, so now have to pull the 302 out.
    Going to make up a better routing hot side, as apposed to the one i purchased back in the Fall. (so that one is for sale if interested)

also purchasing a new wastegate but not sure as to what size, might go 50mm

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  5. 91xcab

new guy here but follow a couple builds, love yours so far everythang is lookin good

6. bluestang23

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Dad welding up the holes
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

7. Mike86Stang

Looking good man! Wish I had the time and paitence to get mine back apart to do all the pretty work in the engine bay.

8. bluestang23

A little update:

Well here in Buffalo NY its been really cold. like around 10 degrees cold. Have not had alot of warm time to get the stuff I want to get done. Welded up the driver side as you can see in the pictures above and took a grinder to the welds. Started and finished up the Passenger side. Waiting for it to be around 40+ degrees so i can mud over everything.

I did however buy some Weld Draglites this past month so im excited about that. Also reworked the hotside for the turbo.

Also wanted to add that I replaced the Speedometer cable that kept bouncing around.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  9. bluestang23

Well just said screw it and ordered my new Scottrod Fab Inner fender pannels. Im getting impatiant with this damn cold so im just going to pop rivet them in and be done with it.

I hope it will turn out like this....

3985863122_d585687d66_o.jpg #ad

3985863122_d585687d66_o.jpg #ad

10. Mike86Stang

Those scott rod panels should really clean things up!

You are going to have to invest in a portable heater so you can get back to work lol

11. bluestang23

Just purchased a 3 core SR performance Aluminum radiator for 175.00 from American Muscle. Saved over $90.00 on clearance.

12. bluestang23

So after looking at some engine bays, iv noticed that on the fire wall,,,, pass. side for the brakes, some individuals have some sort of knob connected to the line.

What is that? is it for line lock or something else?

13. Mike86Stang

It's an adjustable proportioning valve.. It let's you dial in your braking bias, front to rear, when you change your brake set up.

14. bluestang23

Just purchased my Megasquirt2 pnp.

Just a few more odds n ends and ill be putting the engine in its bay......i will post pictures in a few days

15. 92LX-5.8

Tried to respond to your pm but your box is full so here is the info you asked for.Love my gt45, boost comes in about 3200 rpms and I have it set on 14 psi and it pulls easy to 6500 which is where I shift. I was also considering the on3 76 but several guys on here told me that the gt45 had more compressor and would be a better turbo. Have not been let down at all. How close are you to finishing yours? To much snow here to even drive mine.

16. 92LX-5.8

I will warn that the gt45 is crazy big, so make sure you have plenty of room for it.

17. bluestang23

Well I decided to buy new stuff and just sold the old turbo, hot side and fuel rails last night. I picked up a new stage three pony down hot side w 3" Down pipe. Will be here in about 4 weeks, according to Jeff Carroll who is the owner of Pony down. And looking to purchase the 0n3 76mm turbo. I would have gone with the GT45 however, that has a 4" v-band outlet compared to the 76mm that has the 3" outlet. Also the housings on the GT45 are bigger and I don't want to chance that it wont fit with the pony down hot side space.

So that's a little update for now. Have the gas tank out and being welded with the sump. Have to pick up the fuel lines and fittings i ordered from Omni services today. Waiting on the edelbrock fuel rails to get here. Along with gas tank gasket, and Y-Block for my fuel return set up. Oh and I received my mega-squirt 2 3.75 last month. Have to mount and wire Thunderbird electric fan. And switch the shift linkage from my old transmission to my rebuilt one. The rebuilt has the shifter linkage for on the steering column not the floor so yeah..... Little by little the build is getting there.

18. bluestang23

some pictures of the engine bay before the engine went in

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

And my Megasquirt tuner.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

19. bluestang23

And this is how she sits now. Waiting on Pony down to ship my stage 3 hot side and 3" y pipe.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

20. bluestang23

Fuel tank is being tested for leaks. Once that's back i can mount the A1000 fuel pump and run the fuel lines/hose. Prime the engine correctly and Hope to start her up after that.