1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

'89 Mustang GT S475

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by bluestang23, Sep 19, 2014.

1. ashford

why not just post up the msq and msl in a zipped format, it takes almost no space as compared to a video, it is also so much easier to read.

2. 92LX-5.8

Good to see it running without paying the 2+grand to a tuner.

3. bluestang23

Can someone run me through how to get my tune on here for you all to see\help. Thank you.

4. bluestang23

5. bluestang23

Could some one with more expertise with MS take a look at the tune I uploaded and see if and what I can change? Thank you very much.

6. 92LX-5.8

Your timing drops off real fast once you are above 100kpa. Would think you would want more of a curve. Could you post a datalog? Did you get the wideband hooked up? For the most part nothing jumps out as shocking. Just keep making one small change at a time and try it out, no big changes.

7. 92LX-5.8

Also you need to set your overboost protection cause it will save your butt one day!!

8. bluestang23

I tried both the regular and zip file for data logging but did not work for what ever reason. I did hook up the wideband but it seems to be off just a tiny bit. Is there a way to get it spot on????

9. 92LX-5.8

I have not found away to get the aem spot on, mine has always been off by .3-.4.

10. 92LX-5.8

Double post

11. bluestang23

how does one go about overboost protection? Very interested in doing that. Also how do I change the curve for the timing. trigger wizard? Thanks in advance.

12. 92LX-5.8

If memory serves in tuner studio>extended>overboost, set for ignition cut and NOT fuel cut. Your VE table goes to about 204kpa so I would set overboost for about 200kpa so you don't go off the table. Do not touch trigger wizard ever again once initial timing is set, go to the ignition table and fix timing there.

13. Mike86Stang

I had him do that to make sure he was safe when he took it out for the first time... Good thing too, since he said he hit 15psi already lol.

14. bluestang23

Thanks again to the both of you. Much appreciated. I might have looked at the gauge wrong.....so what should my spark be at instead of what it is.

15. 92LX-5.8

Mike is right, get it running and all of your little issues fixed before you start throwing timing at it. Them slowly come up until you see what the car likes. And most important, get your overboost protection set before getting in to much more boost.

16. Disney Lincoln

Ground! Ground the AEM and the MS to the exact same place. Same bolt/screw. And in TS under Project Properties (just press cntl-P), go Settings tab, set the EGO settings to AEM 30-42xx or something like that (going off of memory here).

That should bring the WB and MS together.

17. bluestang23

Awesome. Thank you for the reply.
    I Just hooked the Ugeo to the ground wire in the megasquirt..... Guess thats not good enough.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  18. 92LX-5.8

I do have the grounds hooked together and I have wideband selected under project properties, but then I normally go to "tools" and calibrate the wideband from there and have not found a setting that "works perfect". I will go back under the properties and see if I can find an AEM setting there as you are talking about, the way I fly threw stuff I have probably just overlooked it. Thanks for the info.

19. Disney Lincoln

My bad!!! Go under the TOOLS at the top. Go down to "Calibrate AFR Table" Like the second or third one down from the top should be the correct one.

20. bluestang23

So i have come to the conclusion that my alternator is not charging my battery. So now i have to research how to fix that. Good times.

edit: Mind you battery is in trunk. Alternator is a 3g with aftermarket cable....

Option 1. get my Volt o meter out and start checking?
    Option 2. Take the alternator to a parts store to see if it passes?
    Any other thoughts.

Thinking that the draw was from the fuel pump I wired a switch to that so it might fix the draw. After fixing that, I decided to see where the timing is on this POS....Sure as shit, the tune shop forgot to mention to me that they changed the timing on it. So hooked up my timing light and started from scratch. Got the timing in TS to read 10 advanced.

After playing with that I had the car running for 5 minutes before I wanted to take it out. Put it in drive and put some gas to the car......turned off......tried starting it again and it would just crank for a bit then die out........Check the battery and it reads a 4 on the charger.....FML

Thats where I stand

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015