1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

88 GT/Moore Racecraft turbo kit/Comp CT6X 88mm/AOD/Holley EFI

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by yellowpony, Nov 7, 2010.

1. ducatibrian

Damn, you are fortunate it went down like that.

1/2 studs still I assume?

Car looks to be hauling!

2. FLBoostAddict

Anthony, glad you and the car are ok. Fortunate to happen near the starting line instead of down track at speed.

3. mcj50

Down track incidents lead to diapers.

4. 93AlexCoupe

After I saw that on facebook, 5/8 studs have been added to my to do list before the car is track ready.

5. yellowpony

Alex, that is a smart move, we make power so easily these days it is easy to overlook minor things like wheel studs.

Brian, yes they were 1/2" studs.

Anthony

6. Chris91LX

Damn, new studs are on my Christmas list as well now. Might need to upgrade my 31 spline axles too.

7. FLBoostAddict

Glad I was proactive on mine. 35-spline Pro-Race axles and 5/8" wheel studs.

8. ricky

oh darn Ant,hate to see that happen! could have been much worse though

have you looked at the axle splines yet? are they starting to twist? just curious

hope to get to see you guys next year in Bradenton again

9. 1hcam

Enough of the suspense already. :D

10. 93AlexCoupe

Just got mine back from Strange, after seeing this happen, I had it done.

11. BYBYLS1

Bump for updates!

mcj50 likes this.
  12. ewoogy

Just caught up with all the updates since i was here last. Cars looking good and running bad ass! Nice job Anthony.

Eric

13. nxcoupe

What'sthe story with this? Still have the car? Read the whole thread, man that car moves out!

14. ricky

pretty sure this car ended up being cut up.. but he built another GT that looked really nice...don't quote me though.. its been awhile since ive talked to Anthony

15. yellowpony

Haven’t visited this board in years, doesn’t look like much activity anymore? I have a new car just about finished and can post some updates, hope everyone is still at it!

16. yellowpony

This was one of the last times this car was raced. The track was on me to upgrade the cage as we were running well under cert. Went to a shop to get a mini tub and a 25.5 cage installed and it went horribly. It wasn’t worth it to salvage the car, so I transferred most of the parts over to a new one. It is not quite finished yet, but will post updates as it gets closer.

nxcoupe likes this.
  17. mcj50

Sadly this place is toast.

18. Pro-SC

Nice to see that you are still at it and building a new car. I am really looking forward to your next build . I have read this thread many times and a lot of what you did inspired my decisions on how to put together my ride. Have 85 percent of the parts just gotta get it together.
    I have been on this site for a few years now and have learned a lot. There is a lot of really good people here and some excellent builds.
    Good luck with the new ride!
    Mark

19. ewoogy

I was wondering what happened to you, it’s been years! Glad you are still at it. I still have mine and still rocking that AOD I got from you.

Eric

20. yellowpony

Thanks Mark, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.