1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

88 GT/Moore Racecraft turbo kit/Comp CT6X 88mm/AOD/Holley EFI

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by yellowpony, Nov 7, 2010.

1. racerron67

My fuel system is very similar to yours as far as size of fuel line but my hot side is a 2 1/2 and I'm wondering if that is too restrictive going to the turbo.thanks Tony for the help. Have you been out with your car at all lately.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  2. mcj50

Do you have a backpressure sensor? If the backpressure is under control the smaller piping will build more velocity and make it spool faster.

3. yellowpony

Update time - I ran in to some more engine troubles after I got it all back together, on the first pass it popped and the engine shut off. Ended up bending all the valves again. I don't know how I was able to drive it to the track but I did. Here is a pic of what happened the car.
    [​IMG]#ad

My car went to Gen1sve's house to have the motor pulled and and some odds and ends. My motor went to Ed Thomas Performance in DE and he found some extra power! It is still a hydraulic roller but I now run a AFR 220 renegade head and some more compression. I have been doing some local list racing and was number 2 when the motor let go and got knocked off the list. I made it back into the 10 spot on friday night, and am trying to work my way back up. I didnt go crazy changing the fundamentals of the motor so I could start working on getting my 60' and 1/8 mile times down. I don't have any timeslips as it seems all the racing has been N/T racing. The chassis is coming around and we are trying to tame the new found power. Here is a pic from friday night on my first test pass.
    [​IMG]#ad

Here is a video of the 2nd pass for the qualifier. It pulls the front wheels back up, was a great time!

4. 1hcam

Congrats! She sure is nasty.

5. BlownShovel

wow - snapped those cam bolts right off. sux. As for getting help and back together - awesome - Pic of the wheelstand is priceless.

6. Hemann

Making some power for sure. Sorry about the carnage.

7. yellowpony

Thank you guys, the cam is now double pinned. I had never heard of that even happening but now that I spoke with a few people it is apparently more common than I thought.

Anthony

8. ducatibrian

Damn Anthony, have heard of that but not seen many unless decent spring pressures or interference issues.

Car looks like it's working.

9. Chris91LX

Damn, sorry to see the carnage Anthony. That wheel stand had to get the blood pressure up a little. :)

10. boostedfoxbody

Cam bolt backed out? I'm curious as to this being the possible cause, and/or the weaker cam core (SADI vice Billet) caused it to just shear off.

11. 80mmvert

Mine just did the same damn thing! 20151011_141201.jpg #ad

20151011_141201.jpg #ad

12. yellowpony

Wow, I guess it is more common!

My bolt did not back out, it was still in the cam unharmed. The pin sheared off and let the cam sprocket spin without turning the cam.

Anthony

13. 93AlexCoupe

14. 93AlexCoupe

Congrats Anthony, those are some serious wheelies!

15. FLBoostAddict

Sorry to hear about the carnage Anthony. That is what we first suspected with mine when it went down on the dyno. Glad to hear you are up and running again. Car looks like it is making some really good power.

16. yellowpony

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

I couldn't seem to win with the car the last few weeks, I think it was trying to tell me it was time to call the season and end. Last Friday on my test pass the car left cry well but it all ended around the 60' line. With the wheels in the air it sheared all 5 studs out of the axle. The tire/wheel got wedged in the fenderwell, which actually helped save a lot of damage. I am taking it DC Performance in MD to get some much needed chassis work done, and will post pics up to show progress.

17. Hemann

WOW! I saw the first pic and thought "cool he got it back together" then the second pic. That really sucked.

What axles and tires are you using? Maybe I need to think about mine.

18. BlownShovel

wow man - sorry to see that - but agree on the tire wedge saving additional carnage. Buddy did the similar with his stang prior to having good axles/stud. Also got lucky tire stayed in fenderwell.

All winter to repair - good luck A

19. 1hcam

All things considering. You are the luckiest guy I know.

20. yellowpony

Thanks for the kind words guys. Kurtis, I am lucky that happened, could have been worse!

I am almost embarrassed to say I was running those times on the 31 spline axles. A few weeks ago at atco on a soft tune it went 8.2@168. This thing absolutely flies now, we picked up noticeable power with the new motor.