1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

88 GT/Moore Racecraft turbo kit/Comp CT6X 88mm/AOD/Holley EFI

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by yellowpony, Nov 7, 2010.

1. yellowpony

Re: 88 GT/88mm BG Custom Turbo PT8847 custom kit/AOD

Funny you should ask. There have been no updates because it hurt the engine on the dyno. I was so pissed I didn't update after I posted the video of it idling. The noise in the video would be the valve tapping the piston. One of the keepers popped out of the groove and the valve dropped and hit the piston. Thank god it didn't break the valve. Just bent it and nicked the piston real good and. I just left the car at Moore Racecraft and he rebuilt the engine. Engine only had 5 runs on it, but because it was apart, we redid the whole thing. He called me Wednesday night and said he should have it back on the dyno towards the middle of this coming week. I am leaving for the beach this Friday so I don't know if I will get there till the following tuesday. Also, we made the switch to e85, so my original power goals may come up a little short, because I don't know if my fuel system is up to the task. May take a week or so to give another update, but that is the story on the car.

Anthony

2. nebdrummer

Well good to hear you arent giving up on it anyways. Keep us updated. and with a video!!!

3. yellowpony

Well, I am finally going to pick the car up Wednesday night. Car still hasn't been on the dyno yet but is tuned to about 10psi. The good news is that it runs and drives like a champ. The fast crank trigger does not get along very well with the Holley due to the design of the trigger, the Holley is just too sensitive. In the future I am going to be doing a 60-2 wheel. He had to go outside of fast specs for magnet clearance for the car to not break up over 6000rpm. We switched the car over to e85 and Dennis took it to atco Friday to make 20psi passes, and atco failed the damn thing in tech because my belts were just out of expiration, and it needs a bulkhead for the fuel cell, and a new on/off switch. I am just going to enjoy the car and do the necessary updates, I will get some updated pics and some video of it actually running, lol.

Anthony

4. 1sicpny

can't wait anthony.

hey i was talking to someone that runs atco and he said he believes that what we were talking about
    on the phone is because there is alot of stolen shit moving around the area down there and he thinks
    they were checking for it. not 100% but thats what he thinks.

5. yellowpony

Thanks Eric! Yea I couldn't understand what a state trooper would care about the cars being teched. The only thing I could come up with was being that it is registered/insured that it technically isn't "legal." The stolen stuff makes sense though, he is probably right.

Anthony

6. yellowpony

Here are a few short videos guys, there is some updating to be done on the car before i can run but at least i have it back and it drives great! Please dont mind me whistling on the transbrake test as i was pumped to hear the car/turbo again. Also took a short video of the holley touch screen while the car is running, its a sweet piece! No more laptop in the car, and it will display like a race pak. FP, oil pressure, water, boost, rpm, volts are all on the screen when the car is running along with alarms. No more mechanical gauges! Any questions let me know!

Anthony

7. Sponge

Can you rotate 90° your camera when you're filming, can't see well this lovely LCD screen. If you could post pics or a fullscreen video navigating through the menus, it would be great.

:bow:

8. yellowpony

NP, learning it myself, pretty easy to use. Navigation is straightforward. May take a day but i will get them for you!

Anthony

9. n97240

Glad to hear of some good luck with the Holley setup! Im trying to get mine up and running with the Holley. Cant wait to see this thing on the track again!! :2thumbs:

10. yellowpony

Sponge, here you go, not many pics but it gives you an idea of what you can do through the screen. Most all tuning parameters are able to be adjusted, but the initial setup can only be done through the laptop. This will datalog and you can replay the log through the touch screen. It is a very nice size, kinda weird looking at it instead of having my tach sitting there! If you have any more questions let me know!

n97240, good luck with yours. Did you purchase through moore racecraft?

[​IMG]#ad

Anthony

11. 1sicpny

Looks good Anthony! You were right it's bad ass

12. 64duece

Great pics Ant!

A few corrections.

As mentioned,the basic tune must be built using the software e.g. engine/ignition parameters, however any "on the fly" parameter may be adjusted aswell as a few of the static parameters.

The datalogs may be setup and downloaded to the touchscreen SD card however, you still need the laptop/software for veiwing. Too diificult to install a competent viewer on the TSLCD for the datalogs. For most users I recommend triggered activation, 40x sampling rate and time limited as the files can get very large and take awhile to download. The sampling rate may be increased to 100x/sec if your really looking for something however, the files get real big at that point.

Many of the gauges have "precanned" selections for type. The "dataview" boxes on several screens can be setup for any sensor or active input with caution/alarms set to change the box color if an out of range condition exists. The "red" dot also indicates an alarm condition on any screen aswell as changine txt color and will clear once engine is running and cleared conditions exist.

A few pics down you'll see the configuration editor, this is where you access the fuel, timing atc. Thos that have "white lettering" are active cfgs loaded into the ECU. If boost control cfg is added to the tune, the gray will turn to white and the user may access that section to adjust/tune the tables and graphs.

13. yellowpony

Um, what he said, lol.

That is why he is tuning the car and not me.

All kidding aside guys, if you are in the market for a Holley setup, I urge you to get it through Dennis (64duece). His support for the system is above and beyond what one would expect, and he is super easy to deal with.

Anthony

14. Sponge

The screen is nice, funny the operating system...

I'm a little bit scared especially if you can't tune it yourself and get it running with the auto-tune.... I started to buy EFI intake manifold :doh:

15. 64duece

It's certainly tunable for many folks and Anthony is capable aswell. He chose to bring it to us as he was using a mix of components from various manufacturers and wantted to make sure it would all play well. Also he had some issues before (bad injector) that also needed to get figured out. He was right there...just needed a little help getting over the hump. I'd say from the feedback I've personally and second hand know it to be one of the most user friendly systems out there.

16. yellowpony

Yes, no reason to be scared of it. I had other issues that weren't caused by the efi system. He can email you a start up tune and that will get you going. Stay with the efi, you will be glad that you did. The Holley has a great user interface that is extremely easy to understand and set up.

Anthony

17. Sponge

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the pictures. Can you convert the data into metric system? I mean temperature from Farheneit to Celsius, PSI to Bar, etc....?
    Another favor, would you please take a picture from the screen in order to get a global view how it seats in your car?

Thanks,

Dylan

18. yellowpony

No problem Dylan. As far as converting over, not sure on that one, it reads in kpa not psi so that may help you, but the other ones I am not sure of. The person that posted above me "64duece" is the one you want to talk to about it. I can give you his number if you want it. I will get a larger interior pic so you can see how it sits.

Anthony

19. yellowpony

Here is a video i made today out on the street. There was traffic in front and behind most all time so i couldn't really give it hell, but this is on 7.5psi (WG spring). Car is very docile to drive, Dennis' tuning is awesome! Car is on e85 now. This was my first time with the gopro and i put the wrong case on it and had a shitty mounting spot so there is a lot of wind noise. I get on it about 7:02. The red button i hit on the highway is for OD and it cruises at 70 about 1800 rpm. Been really busy lately so hopefully some track time soon. The vid is about 12 minutes and has my ugly mug in it a few times, sorry about that! Leaving the stop sign is rolling into it about 1/2 throttle. I am extremely happy with the way this turned out!

20. 1sicpny

:2thumbs:

bridal-shoal