1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

88 GT/Moore Racecraft turbo kit/Comp CT6X 88mm/AOD/Holley EFI

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by yellowpony, Nov 7, 2010.

1. yellowpony

Thanks Brian!

Alex, no I am not, there is a fuel gauge mounted in the a/c vent.

2. FLBoostAddict

Nice wiring job Anthony. You're hired to come do mine :D

3. yellowpony

Roger, I forgot to put that Troy Baum at RACEwires did the wiring. I should never be enlisted to do any type of wiring unless you don't care if it doesn't work, and looks worse when I am done.

4. Chris91LX

Looks awesome Anthony. You going to Bradenton?

5. ricky

man,thats turning out nice! going to have to check it out in person

6. yellowpony

Chris, yes I will be in bradenton, are you coming down?

Ricky, look forward to meeting you down there!

7. mcj50

Hey Anthony: do you know how to make moonshine? I hear ducatibrian isn't coming and we will miss his magical concoction.

I figure you are the most hillbilly guy left I know :)

8. yellowpony

Man, I need to introduce you to some other guys so they can dethrone me of the coveted spot I hold with you.

Brian, if you are reading this, I have a UPS account number that you can ship moonshine directly to Mike's trailer.

If not, I have some extra E85 in the trailer, I'll try and separate the gas and throw a couple cherries in there and you are good.

9. yellowpony

My converter was sent out to ultimate to get freshened and adjusted also, it should be back either today or tomorrow. Hoping I see some rpm drop on the big end, the motor was spinning higher than I was comfortable with.

10. Chris91LX

Yup, coming down for the weekend, my first time going to this event. Not bringing the car, just looking forward to seeing several of the cars on here. I also have a buddy running his twin turbo 03 cobra too, might be helping out there if needed.

11. ducatibrian

He is scared! Lol
    [emoji481]
    The numb lips last year with just a sip got his attention I believe? [emoji12]

Good luck this year at Bradenton! Hate to miss it...

Hit me me up with some updates as I will be working.

12. 1hcam

I'm rearranging my trunk and I'm up in the air if I should go ahead and switch to 2 batteries. With all the extra pumps and fans I was debating on it but not sure if it's a waste or not. What do you think? What brand of battery/batteries do you prefer(12 volt)?

Good luck to all you True Street guys next week. Hopefully I can come out and play next year.

13. yellowpony

Kurtis, I only run one battery and it is plenty for me, but I also run a 200 amp alternator. Mike J runs 2 batteries in his and has had success with it. I run fans, water pump, a 255lph fuel pump, and my secondary weldon 2345.

In my experience, Optima batteries suck. If they discharge down once they are shot, and never work as they should. I use standard old battery from Napa or a nice diehard with the highest CCA I can get in my battery box and have had good luck with them.

14. mcj50

I run two 34 series batteries. One battery is fine until you fuck up and have a problem. So, I run two.

15. 1hcam

Ya I switched to a 200 amp alternator as well. I've been looking at all the new pricey batteries but nothing has really jumped out at me. If you've had good luck with a single I'll see what I can package and go from there. Thanks for the help!

16. mcj50

I have a 225 amp alternator but the this slowed down so I can spin 8750 rpm.

17. ducatibrian

Whose alternators are you guys running? Mike /Anthony

18. mcj50

Mine is tuff stuff from summit. I have a second one in the cabinet.

19. ducatibrian

Have you ever had an issue, regulator / rectifier problems etc with it? Spare as a just in case I take it.

20. mcj50

I have more then one spare. I have an advance auto lifetime warranty 130 amp and a chrome 200 amp that I took out of another car I parted out that never ran.