1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

88 GT/Moore Racecraft turbo kit/Comp CT6X 88mm/AOD/Holley EFI

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by yellowpony, Nov 7, 2010.

1. racerron67

do you still run at Magna fuel 750 Pro tuner fuel pump on your combo.

2. yellowpony

Ron, unfortunately our ecu's use different methods of calculating fuel flow. I am at 83% duty cycle on 160's, if I remember correctly we were commanding 1100pph fuel flow. I stopped using the magnafuel 750 PT a few years back on my 347 when we started to get some serious pressure drop from it. It took me high 8.70's at about 33-3400 lbs. That is why I asked you to check your fuek pressure in your other thread. If I read your title right it said you were around 1500hp, a PT 750 will not supply enough fuel for that power on gas, let alone e85, my weldon 2345 won't even support that on e85.

Although I have the bungs on my intercooler to check that I never have. There is some information I don't need to know, as the car runs great, maybe not as fast as it could be not knowing the values, but I am already far out on my cage cert there is no reason to push it any further. At 27psi boost my IAT was 93*, and that may not be accurate as the sensor heat soaks due to where it is mounted. Hope I answered your questions.

Anthony

3. racerron67

what kind of pump are you using now?

4. yellowpony

I use a single 255lph for street use and have a weldon 2345-a as a secondary which the ECU turns on above a certain PSI level. If your car is not street driven no need to worry about the 255 and you can just run a 2345 or similar. The magnafuel 750 is a great pump and super reliable, and as far as I know is one if not the only pump out that can push the kind of fuel it does at a continuous duty. It can achieve this because the fuel itself cools the pump.

Anthony

5. racerron67

I'll probably end up doing something what you're doing. keep my Magna fuel 750 but run something smaller for the street can you run both pumps at the same time so that way the larger pump will be joining in with a smaller pump to add more fuel

6. yellowpony

Ron, you could do something like 93alexcoupe is doing, run 2 protuner 750's, just trigger the second one on a Hobbs or the ECU.

Anthony

7. racerron67

that sounds like a good idea I'm sure I'll end up with plenty of fuel the only thing that would probably be good running a smaller pump is that on the street the smaller pumps Lake make less noise.I'm going out to the track on Saturday.but I'm not going to push the car very hard.

8. yellowpony

Ron, make yourself some rubber grommets or even the grommets that are used for running wire through metal areas, can be bought at RadioShack, sandwich them between the pump mount and frame and it will cut down on noise bigtime by reducing the amount of vibration transferred.

9. racerron67

yes i was thinking of that. i will do that this weekend.

10. yellowpony

11. yellowpony

Car has been with Gen1SVE the last few weeks getting some upgrades done. The cold side was switched from 3"-3.5" to 3.5"-4" piping, throttle body was v-banded, the comp turbo was changed out for a Garrett GTX5518R turbo. I have some track results which I will post later, but the data we collected looks very promising!

Anthony

12. Mod fox

Looks good Anthony..you guys making the World Cup.

13. yellowpony

Jeff, no world cup for me, only class I fit in is X275, and that weekend is my daughters birthday, so no go.

To follow up my previous post, we had a great time at Atco last night. We got some awesome information and learned a lot. First thing first, the GTX is a monster. I was running 45 psi on the gate to achieve 27 psi with the comp and was launching at 3800 the last few times out and got some 1.29-1.31 60' launching at 4psi. The Comp was a great turbo, but I found its limit, it just wasn't efficient anymore. On to the GTX....

We put 37psi on the gate, made a pass, it pegged the 3 bar map and ran the injectors to 100% duty cycle. I stayed in it which was stupid. I told Dennis that it didn't feel right right before the 1/8, when it pegged the map, it threw a fault in the ECU and it opened the waste gate up, dumped the boost right before the 1/8. So long story short, the car went the best 1/8 mile ET it has gone, but MPH was 3 MPH off from the Comp due to the boost dump. It went 5.29@131 and an 8.35@157, but the best part was we pulled 400rpm out of the launch because the GTX spools so well, and went the best 60' ever, with a 1.27 off the back tire!

Pulled another 4psi off the gate to see what would happen, so we were at 33psi on the gate, same result, pegged the map sensor again but not until after the 1/8, I didn't stay on the 2 step long enough and it went a 1.33 60' and 5.33 to the 1/8 and went 8.31@164, but again it went 100% on the injectors.

We dropped the gate pressure to 31psi, car made 27psi of boost, but by that time the track had gone away and there was dew setting in, and we weren't able to make a clean pass. But we did add 10psi base fuel pressure and it brought the duty cycle down to an acceptable level, so were able to gather that info even though we didn't make a clean pass. Overall I am very happy with the way this turbo performs, it is a beast. Gen1SVE did a great job on the car and knows a lot about air flow, and Moore Racecraft did an awesome job as always on the tuning and chassis setup!

Anthony

14. 93AlexCoupe

Wow Ant, congrats, I see 7s!

15. yellowpony

Thanks Alex!

16. Gt-358

Nice! Looking promising for sure! 8.31 on a bad pass lol :)

17. yellowpony

Thanks Tony!

18. Gen1SVE

[video=youtube;1sFwB5921hY][/video]

19. yellowpony

You are the man mike!

Anthony

20. 1hcam

Wow! She's moving out. Congrats on the steady improvements.

bridal-shoal