1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

88 GT/Moore Racecraft turbo kit/Comp CT6X 88mm/AOD/Holley EFI

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by yellowpony, Nov 7, 2010.

1. ducatibrian

Good luck this weekend!

2. yellowpony

We ran the 8.50 index at the nationals last weekend. There was an amazing amount of people and cars. There were 69 cars I believe that were qualifying for a 32 car field. We qualified Friday night with an 8.514 which put us 6th after first round. We ran the other 2 qualifiers to try and better the time and ran 8.543 and 8.571, no worse off. After third round we were 15th! The bump spot for 32 cars was a 8.535, unbelievably competitive class. The weather changed drastically, cool and mild to hot and humid, we didn't quite know where to go with the tune and we got knocked out 1st round with an 8.69. Overall I am happy we qualified but it wound up getting rained out. Here is a vid from first round, I am the first race in the video. Launch was set soft and boost brought in gradually.

http://youtu.be/KBfpFHnfHho

Anthony

3. Mustangbrad94gt

I love watching you run em down on the big end, ha ha

4. SVO Jack

Ant,

Some nice shots of your launches on the Facebook page for Edge of Speed photography

5. SVO Jack

6. yellowpony

Thanks Jack!

7. yellowpony

Went to the track tonight, I put a few more psi under the curve to drop the 1/8 times. I upped the total pressure on the gate to 40psi instead of 34psi which didn't net any more MPH. I left my laptop at my house so I haven't pulled the logs yet to see what total boost was. Car went an [email protected] with a 1.29 60'. Not bad for a fatty!

Anthony

8. 93AlexCoupe

Nice ET Ant, congrats! Do you think the turbo is maxed?

9. yellowpony

Yes we think the turbo is maxed out. We didn't pick up any MPH from the co2 increase. There is probably a tiny but left in it in the 60' and ramping boost in harder but until I try we won't know, I ran out of time last night. We think it could probably go a .29 but that's about it.

Anthony

10. racesloth

[email protected] with a 1.29 60'. Not bad for a fatty! Indeed Grasshopah San! You are hauling the mail Anthony...

11. yellowpony

Thanks Dan! Hope you are doing well.

I pulled the logs tonight. I was surprised at the boost the turbo made. It left the line at 3.9psi and 3800rpm, total boost was around 27psi and it spiked to 28.2 at the very end of the pass, now the 40psi on the gate doesn't look so bad! Air temps were only 93* at the top end, and I crossed the line at a little over 7200. Here is an in car of the pass, not very good but it was the only good spot i could find to mount he go pro. There is video of the car from the stands that I will post when it is sent to me. And please don't mind the switch panel, my fasteners came undone when it launched, made it interesting.
    &list=UUzaS0zePCzgAS_sSnt8AM4Q[/url]

12. yellowpony

13. BlownShovel

effortless mid 8's -- :bow: :cheers: :thumbsup:

14. yellowpony

Thank you! If I can get out again I'd like to see what we can get the 60' down to before it starts to get pissed. The 8.34 pass was 3.9psi and 3800, I'd like to see if we could go 5psi and 4200.

Anthony

15. Gen1SVE

Before you put the car on the bumper again... I think if you increase the launch rpm by 200rpm increments and keep the pressure on the gate you should find the tipping point within a couple of runs.

16. yellowpony

Sounds like a plan Mike! It has got to be close!

Anthony

17. racerron67

do you run a intercooler. ether a/a or a/w?

18. ducatibrian

It's got an a/w in the nose

19. yellowpony

As Brian said, it has A/W mounted behind the front bumper. Some guys don't run one with E85, I do as it is another added safety measure.

Anthony

20. racerron67