1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

88 GT/Moore Racecraft turbo kit/Comp CT6X 88mm/AOD/Holley EFI

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by yellowpony, Nov 7, 2010.

1. ducatibrian

V-TEC YO!

I see what you did there, waited until that vtec boost kicked in.
    ;)

Props to you sir and Dennis! The car is consistent and hauling.

2. Turbo Drag Radial

damn......I didn't realize how much a lead the guy in the nova had....wow he must have been bummed out.

Nice Win!

3. yellowpony

Thanks guys, it really was stupid for me to chase him, I am not a veteran street racer, they told me he was going to jump on the 2nd bulb, and he did. Natural reaction is to go! Lol, lucky for me we had the power to drive around. Love and learn right?

Best at part was, they put another bottle in the car in the staging lanes right before they ran me, still wasn't enough.

And I am sure he thought he had it in the bag to.

Anthony

4. 93AlexCoupe

Wow good catch bro, in the other vid it didnt look like that much of a lead. I would have been on the same boat, not used to that arm drop shit.

5. 93AlexCoupe

They do that kots at pbir also, same payout but they use the tree not arm drop.

6. yellowpony

Yea I'm not a huge fan of the arm drop!

Ant

7. BlownShovel

Nice Passes Anthony

8. ilove50

&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/url]

9. 1sicpny

And that's why I love turbo cars.

10. racesloth

Yo, Anthony - yu da shizzle! Turbos rule...

11. 93AlexCoupe

Lol looks like he jumped, dont matter you mowed him down.

12. yellowpony

Yea he jumped to say the least, but i think that is his way of luring you in to chase him down. I don't know what that car runs but it looks to be about 8.60-8.80 i would guess. It wasn't even close to being as quick when he raced the fairmont. It was either on no nitrous or 1 kit when he raced him. The trunk was open on the car because he was either installing another bottle or putting the bottle in it. I was the only turbo car, the rest were all nitrous cars.

Alex, how is your car? Did Kiko get his head replaced?

Anthony

13. Mustangbrad94gt

no match for your top end charge, just plain awesome, one more win to chalk up

14. Gen1SVE

During the final you can hear the chevy loose fuel (stumble) just after the 1/8th. Either way it was a amazing job to run him down with the head start he had. I wish there was a finish line photo of that. I am impressed how quick your car makes power once you leave. It doesn't sound like you are spooled at all then it just leaves hard then pulls even harder.

15. 93AlexCoupe

My car is under the knife, I'm getting a custom hotside done in thick wall SS. I had both banks cracked in Bradenton.

Kiko got some AFR heads and getting the motor chked out. Also going with a whole new ems system on his car.

16. yellowpony

Damn Alex, you guys don't waste any time! Looking forward to seeing updated numbers from both of your cars.

Mine is heading to get a dominator efi installed and we will be using it to control everything as well as using a bunch of the i/o's for some "different" pieces of data to look at to make the car even more consistent. I will post the results when they are completed which should be in the next week. I am very happy with the way the car responds to changes in the tune so we aren't messing with anything in the motor or chassis.

Anthony

17. 93AlexCoupe

Lol I hate having my car down especially this time of the year before the rain comes in...lol

Nice I will be looking forward to the dominator write up. I wil have to stay with my aem for now since the hotside and the turbo upgrade will set me back some. The aem burning up on me on the dyno was more my fault than the actual unit. But I know I will eventually need to upgrade.

18. ilove50

&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/url]

19. rms7430

If u don't mind is this a2w available? And does cpr have a web site? Cause I can't find it
    Thanks Ron

20. ducatibrian

Good job on the runner up spot sir!

Escobar is going to get that 7sec average yet.