1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

88 GT/Moore Racecraft turbo kit/Comp CT6X 88mm/AOD/Holley EFI

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by yellowpony, Nov 7, 2010.

1. wtfovr

This thread was the inspiration to make me dump the AEM and order my Holley Dominator EFI and accoutrements.

2. yellowpony

Glad you made the switch! If you haven't already, you will love running this ecu. They are very consistent, and you won't have to mess with the tune every time you start the car.

There is some pretty trick stuff coming out in the next few months for these systems that will appeal to a lot of guys!

Anthony

3. wtfovr

Thanks. Should have it in my hands next month when I get home from Afghanistan. I plan on using the shit out of all the available I/O. Cooler temps pre and post, turning on fans, monitoring pretty near every fluid temp in the car (for shits and grins and data). It is a 99.9% street car.

4. yellowpony

We went and picked the car up at Bradenton last night and it was such a beautiful night we could not pass up making one hit just to see if we could back up what we did last Saturday. Turned the co2, used the hose they water the burnout box down to fill intercooler tank and added 1/2 bag of ice. The track was not prepped so we softened the 60' a little in it and it went 1.37 60' and went [email protected] and went 8.49@163. That is the highest mph we have ever pulled in the 1/8 by 3.5mph and the 1/4 by about 1mph. I really wish the track was prepped and we could have hit it hard and went 1.2 60's like Saturday, but I guess we couldn't have our cake and eat it too! Anyhow here is a cell vid my cousin took.

We literally backed the car out of the trailer, just checked tire pressure and got the motor to about 170* and made a pass, and loaded it in the trailer, and left, lol.

http://youtu.be/rj1JVXl7rb4

Anthony

5. 93AlexCoupe

Nice bro!

6. Turbo Drag Radial

damn, that's a fast mofo.

Are you still using the AOD?

7. yellowpony

Thank you!

No we are not running the aod anymore. It was fine until the car really started to 60' and my car is just too heavy for that trans. It was dead reliable and we never had problems with the internals, just the output yokes would break.

Anthony

8. ilove50

Congrats on the win today! Thanks for coming out! Now get all them NMRA guys to come out for a chance at some real money!

9. yellowpony

Ilove50 put a king of the street cars race on today at Cecil county. We had a great time and took home the win. Rules were pretty straightforward, Arm drop, unprepped track, no time, win light only, chase is a race.

&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/url]

I think some were shocked to say the least.

Car went it's best 60' and 1/8 mile also, 1.282 60'. I was worried my time would show up so I shut down after the 1/8, but it went a 5.33@134. I believe it has a high 5.20 in it the way it sits.

The tuneup is still very soft in this thing, and to be honest the car is much faster than I expected it would go, I think that I am at the limit of what I feel comfortable with on the current chassis and have no plans to go 25.5 with it.

Anthony

10. yellowpony

I should clarify, we got slips during test passes, but none in eliminations.

11. yellowpony

12. Gen1SVE

That was a funky arm drop. But I guess it is all the same when I twitch you go. Nice Work Anthony!

13. 1sicpny

Anthony I tagged Dennis on fb on a video of you reading down there. There is a couple more on that page.

14. Turbo Drag Radial

great win! The car is rolling. 5.20 is moving the mail.

15. 64duece

Chase is race....way to use that power and drive around for the win!

16. 93AlexCoupe

Congrats Anthony, the car is running awesome.

17. yellowpony

Thanks guys!

Anthony

18. SVO Jack

Beast Mode !!!

19. yellowpony

20. Gen1SVE

You chased him down! He thought he had that one in the bag. Good thing it was a 1/4.