1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

88 GT/Moore Racecraft turbo kit/Comp CT6X 88mm/AOD/Holley EFI

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by yellowpony, Nov 7, 2010.

1. yellowpony

Here is the recap of the weekend. When we finally backed the car out of the trailer we added some water to the intercooler tank and turned the pump on, only to find niagara falls coming out of the car, yes out of the INSIDE of the car, lol. Luckily it was just loose fittings. I really should have checked out the fittings, but there was no way of putting water in the lines from where we left, it was the coldest winter I can remember in PA and I don't have heat in my garage, I just didn't feel safe doing it. We got all those tightened up and we were on our way.

We filled the tank halfway with water (3.5 gallons roughly) and the rest with ice, if i remember it was a 10lb bag was able to fit into the tank. We went up and made our first test pass with the car, of course we all checked the Co2 bottle to see if it was on, but none of us checked to see if we regulated co2 to the solenoids which we didn't, lol. It made a total of 7psi boost and went 9.49@144 with a 1.41 60' time. We looked back through the logs and the best pass the car made on 7psi was a 10.03 (don't remember the MPH), that is a HALF second we picked up at 7psi! The only change on the car was the A/W, nothing else. IAT were at 100* at the beginning of the pass and DROPPED to 84* at the stripe, this was still on 7psi. The cooler still had ice left in it.

Went back out and made another pass with the co2 on and were rewarded with an [email protected] with a 1.34 60' and this was at a recorded 19.4psi boost. We checked the IAT again and we couldn't believe it, the IAT started at 101* again and dropped back to 87*, just about the same as the 7psi pass! This is a personal best for the car and we were extremely happy.

On the way back from that pass I decided to stop at the scales and get the car weighed, previous weight with about 20 gallons of fuel was 3410 with me in it. With approximately 7 gallons of fuel in the tank and a close to full intercooler tank the car weighed in at a whopping 3470lbs.....we carry 22 gallons of fuel when we head out on the cruise. By my calculations with another 13-14 gallons of fuel in the car puts us damn near 3600#, i don't know where all the weight comes from but its a pig for sure.

On saturday we fueled the car up all the way, and headed out on the cruise which the car handled with no issues, i absolutely love ethanol, car temp never got above 171*. On our first pass we were surprised, even with the weight added from the fuel, the car did it's best 60' to date, a 1.285 and went [email protected], on the second hit it went 1.32 60' and went [email protected]. On the third pass the trans was getting warm and it went a 1.41 60' and [email protected].

We pulled the 3 logs from the car and we were actually surprised again with the data. IAT was 100* starting and on the first 2 passes was almost identical, it fell to 87* at the stripe! On the third pass the ice was completely gone but IAT started at 100* and rose to 118* which is still 18* lower than what we were seeing with the A/A. We were qualified #1 for the SBSO but I don't know how to cut a good light and as MCJ50 refers to it as "driver error", haha. I cut a .299 which is good for me, and Randy cut a .102 light, i went 8.53 and he went 8.48. We had a great time and were able to meet some new people and brought home the trophy we went there for. Next stop is MIR and we are looking forward to it.

Anthony

2. Gt-358

What was your previous best with the A2A? That temp data really has me thinking again about the A2W route again......

3. 93AlexCoupe

Do it!! You will make more power witht the same boost level. It will probably spool faster too.

4. 93AlexCoupe

Anthony did you try to do what I told you. Dump more water out and fill as much as you can with ice. I put 3bags in my tank. Kiko stuffed the shit out if his 5gal with 3.5 bags. Lol i was like wtf?!! Lol

5. yellowpony

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]#ad

Anthony

6. 93AlexCoupe

Bad ass pics!!

7. yellowpony

Tony, my previous best was a [email protected]. Couple of factors here though and we will see in the coming months, my home track which is cecil that i normally run, we will leave the car alone and make some passes there to see if there is an improvement. After the IC swap and added water plus the fact that my cooler is mounted up front, it isn't just 7 gallons the car is holding, the tank holds that, and between the lines filled and the cores filled there are extra gallons it is carrying, so the car is about 200# heavier than before but runs a full tenth quicker and spools much faster resulting in the dropped 60' times. To me knowing i will have consistent IAT now is worth the added weight and the weight can be offset quite easily. I also wanted to mention that i never cycled the pump during the cruise and my IAT got to 121* sitting at idle but as soon as you got the throttle plates open and cruising it dropped back down to 110*, which I am fine with.

Anthony

8. nj636

any video?

9. yellowpony

Thanks man! You know I forgot to drain the water and add the extra bags like you said! Going to do that next time out, thanks for reminding me!

Anthony

10. yellowpony

There are a few videos, i have to get them uploaded, i think they are from the 8.46 pass, wish i had one from the first pass as i think that thing was hanging the drivers tire for a little bit.

Anthony

11. Gt-358

btw, My son was trying to point out your car to me in the staging lanes. He really liked how it looked and the liked the look of the center grill opening. I agreed, it looks great.

12. FLBoostAddict

Anthony you car looks and performs very nicely. Just something about that color. I may need to get beadlocks for my rear Holeshots :grin:

13. Calypsocoupe

Congrats!! Next time you head out to Cecil try to post it up I would like to see your car run

14. racesloth

Damn Anthony!

I finished a 12 hour day and just got back to the barracks room I have lived in the last 2 months - but reading up on your weekend made my day. Big time congrats on the trophy. Are you still running 295 out back?

Dan

15. ducatibrian

I want to give a BIG congratulations to Anthony and Dennis! They have the car flying and doing it consistently with little or no drama.

Also thank you for your hospitality Saturday.

Look forward to making a trip up north for a race as well.

16. yellowpony

Dan! Glad to hear you are doing well across the pond! To answer your question no I am not running the 295's out back anymore. We went back to the MT pro 275, it is just about as wide as the 295 was and offers us more consistency. There is nothing wrong with the 295, heck I may try them again in the future, but the pro seems to give us better results track to track. I saw an S500 in person at the bradenton race, man those things are huge!

Anthony

- - - Updated - - -

Dan! Glad to hear you are doing well across the pond! To answer your question no I am not running the 295's out back anymore. We went back to the MT pro 275, it is just about as wide as the 295 was and offers us more consistency. There is nothing wrong with the 295, heck I may try them again in the future, but the pro seems to give us better results track to track. I saw an S500 in person at the bradenton race, man those things are huge!

Anthony

17. yellowpony

Calypsocoupe, you got it man! I will post it up.

Anthony

18. yellowpony

I also wanted to thank Gen1SVE for getting my exhaust done quickly and with my shotty measurements. He has world class welding skills and is one heck of a nice guy to boot, thanks Mike!

here is a video from the test pass, i have a video from the actual race from pass 2, but will have to upload it tomorrow. This was an 8.41@162

&list=UUzaS0zePCzgAS_sSnt8AM4Q[/url]

Anthony

19. Gen1SVE

Your Welcome Anthony! Any time I can assist a fellow enthusiast I will do so. The performance you had in Bradenton made everything worth while! Hopefully I can join in on the fun @ MIR.

20. yellowpony

bridal-shoal