1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

88 GT/Moore Racecraft turbo kit/Comp CT6X 88mm/AOD/Holley EFI

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by yellowpony, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Hemann

Re: 88 GT/88mm BG Custom Turbo/AOD rebuild

Do you have the 4" pipe bolted up in the car now? I would like to see that and the cross-over merge pipe where it connects to the turbo.

OK. All the under hood pics you can come up with.

2. yellowpony

Haha, i will have them today for you man. Been taking my time with the wiring ofthe efi setup so everything is right, because I hate nothing more than wiring and I am horrible at it, and to do it twice might find we swinging from a rafter in the garage.

Anthony

3. yellowpony

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

The crossover pipe did not fit, it was 1/4" off, but brian told me that could be a problem when i went to install, i am going to ship the pipe back and have him fix it up. The downpipe is a tight fit, but as you can see, it fits. I have a heat blanket to put around it near the firewall. Headers and everything fit like a glove. I cant wait to get this thing fired up and down the track!

What do you guys do for intercooler brackets?

Anthony

4. mostdef

This is a great build!!! That kit is a work of art!! Can't wait to see it fired up!! Keep up the good work!!

5. Hemann

I really appreciate the pics. I am in line to get a kit made with the same PT4788.

Looks like the downpipe could have been a little closer to the strut tower. Did he know you didn't have AC?

I keep wondering if that 4" pipe would work with my JW bell housing? Looks like Brian got it right on for you.

6. Power Adder Solutions Inc.

Looks Excellent!! let me know when you hit over 1XXX on the dyno :2thumbs:

Great work Anthony!

Chris

7. 86turboGT

Looking Great Anthony! :2thumbs: That looks mighty impressive!

Corey

8. BOD89LX

Nice looking build. Do you know what length header studs you used?

9. yellowpony

Thanks! You have a nice build yourself!

Here you go on the header studs. Two of the pass side primaries I couldnt get a 12pt wrench on there, so I had to use a regular nut to hold down. Here's the part # ARP-100-1404.

Anthony

10. BOD89LX

Thanks.

Don

11. yellowpony

Update guys. Got the kit completely installed and ready to go. Tried firing it and I don't think I have the crank trigger/distributor adjusted right. Popped/backfired a little and I called it quits. Instead of me damaging something I decided to take it to one of our site sponsors, Moore Racecraft. Dennis helped develop the new Holley efi and knows the system better than anyone. Luckily for me Henie fairly local, about 1 1/2 hours away. He is gonna do the 4" exhaust on the car and also tune it. Hopefully he can get some video of it for me. He just built a new shop and that is where my car is going. I'll let everyone know how it does on the dyno! Wish me luck!

Anthony

12. yellowpony

Dropped the car off today at Moore Racecraft. They have a super nice new shop under construction. Dennis is a cool guy, shot the shit for about an hour or so, went over the car and what needed done. Judging from his previous work he is a meticulous guy and can't wait to hear from him how everything turns out. He is gonna double check my wiring and make sure nothing is crossed up and go from there. He is also gonna scale the car for me. Probably be a little more than a week until I hear from him, I will let you guys know how it does!

Anthony

13. 1sicpny

Nice. Can't wait to see that biotch run

14. yellowpony

You got it boss. We'll get some track time in. He is making me a lower radiator hose to clear the new crossover, setting up the rear suspension, running the 4" exhaust, wiring the tach for the dis ignition. Will be ready to rock when I get it back.

Anthony

15. mcj50

Looking good. Your kit is quite a bit different then mine...I guess that's what I get for being the prototype :)

Looking forward to seeing in person one of these days...

As for us, we are pretty much ready for Bradenton...

16. yellowpony

Update- Dennis called me this morning and they got the car started. He was sick for a few days so things got held up for a little bit. My car cranks slower than most cars, and they had to work around that because of the magnetic pickups, the Holley was seeing that as "noise". Be got that patched up and the car fired off! Got it idling about 900 rpm and said it idles at about 57kpa and likes the a/f right around 14:1. Gonna be a few more days until he gets it on the dyno, but hopefully have some numbers on it soon.

Anthony

17. mcj50

Sounds like he has plenty of time to finish up up by tomorrow at 6:00 pm so you can through it on a trailer and come with us to Bradenton!

18. yellowpony

Hahaaa! That's funny man. I wish I could, Pre-baby I would have been there in a heartbeat! Best of luck down there man, I am going to try and run the englishtown event.

Anthony

19. yellowpony

Update- Still fighting timing errors with the car. He isn't quite sure where they are coming from as the car is wired correct. We should have it corrected and on the dyno shortly, and car should be ready to go on Saturday for me to pick up.

Anthony

20. mcj50

Re: 88 GT/88mm BG Custom Turbo PT8847 custom kit/AOD

Since yours is the official version and mine is just a lowly experiment I'm awaiting some huge dyno numbers :)

bridal-shoal