1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

88 GT/Moore Racecraft turbo kit/Comp CT6X 88mm/AOD/Holley EFI

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by yellowpony, Nov 7, 2010.

1. yellowpony

Dan, we are just guessing it will take that to go .50's, it could take 20psi, time will tell. With your CI it shouldn't take a bunch of boost to get there. I don't know that much about the y2k turbo. You will need to run it and see, what size turbine wheel and A/R exhaust housing are on there? You have large engine that is going to make some power, make sure you measure backpressure and see where it is at.

Anthony

- - - Updated - - -

Mike, I took your recommendations seriously and we will be performing those tests in a few days. Thanks for the help and good talking with you on the phone.

Anthony

2. Turbo Drag Radial

wow, congrats on the outing!

3. Mustangbrad94gt

have you made it to dyno for testing?

4. yellowpony

A few things came up and we weren't able to make the dyno Saturday. The car did go to atco Saturday to test the co2. We hit 26 psi and it blew the damn intake pipe off the throttle body. Got back in line to make another pass and there was a major oil down and it was close to closing and just packed up and left. Did some street testing on Sunday with the new c02 setup and got it dialed for 18 psi consistently. The car will be going to atco to get the new 225 atomizers dialed in. Wasn't enough pavement to support 18psi on the street. We have been running the vp c85 in the car recently as the pumps here are only testing to 69%. Haven't noticed any power difference or driveability or needing to change the tune up. We will be switching back to pump e85 as soon as they test right.

5. Gt-358

What kinda timing have you been running with the E85? I have mine up to 26 degrees with 22 psi right now, but after talking to Liljohn it might because my cam is bleeding off so much compression it's taking a lot to make heat in mine. @ 26 degrees I'm finally starting to see a timing mark on the electrode, I could probably push it up to 28.

6. yellowpony

PM sent tony

7. Mustangbrad94gt

can't wait to see a 18# pass with the new 225 atomizer's

8. yellowpony

The trip to atco we feel was a success, got some data that we needed and found some suspension issues that need addressed that really reared their head with the added power. We fought traction problems from the start and decide that 18psi was too much and backed down to 15. We weren't able to scale the car so that is what is going to be done this week and then back out for some more. Anyhow, best pass of the night was a 9.03@155 with a 1.68 60' time (traction issues). The car veers to the right hard when you try and launch anything over 3k. Boost comes in hard and we are tuning around that. The boost control with the c02 worked flawless and couldn't be happier with the switch to c02.
    &list=UUzaS0zePCzgAS_sSnt8AM4Q&index=1[/url]
    &list=UUzaS0zePCzgAS_sSnt8AM4Q&index=2[/url]
    &list=UUzaS0zePCzgAS_sSnt8AM4Q&index=3[/url]
    &list=UUzaS0zePCzgAS_sSnt8AM4Q&index=4[/url]

9. 1sicpny

awesome, going in the right direction!

with a better 60 that will be 8.50-60's as it sits!

10. ilove50

You run a radial right? Seems like you are doing a pretty massive burnout for a radial. They actually get slippery if you over heat them. I know your traction issue is obviously not all that but something to try. Do you run a wishbone?

11. 1sicpny

no he doesn't run a wish bone, I doubt that would cause the pull problem!

I believe adjusting the right side link on the arb, it would help!

12. Gt-358

Watched a couple of the videos, looks like it goes right when it spins/shakes the tires. Which my car does also, if it hooks it goes straight. @ NMRA when I shook the tires hard it did the move to the right also.

13. yellowpony

Eric is correct, it is in the arb, we put new down links on this year and never adjusted them, they are on there how they came out of the box. The car is square as far as geometry goes.

I don't think the burnout is the issue although it was the first time I've really done massive burnouts, we were trying whatever we could to try and stop the tire shake with time at hand.

also, I have a call in to Lenny, we calculate 16% slip on the converter, needs to be tightened up we believe.

Tony, as you know, tire shakes sucks!

anthony

14. ilove50

Ever measure run out on the axles?

15. 1sicpny

the car use to track perfectly straight before the arb link change!

it use to go 1.2? 60fts

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  16. ilove50

I'm referring to the tire shake issues. Idk what I'm talking about lol, just throwing shit out there

17. yellowpony

Don't worry man, it's all stuff that is easy to look at while the converter is out. It hooks hard right out of the hole, but as the boost comes on we think it is unloading the drivers side tire and relying on the pass tire to drive forward and causing it to veer to the right. Time will tell but i will check axle run out, thanks for the suggestions!

We have 4 corner scales that will show most likely what the problem is.

Anthony

18. Mustangbrad94gt

givin the 9.03 with the 1.68 short time, where would the e.t be with a 1.35 60', I know you're just around the corner of hitting you're chassis cert. I hope I have the patience to gradually bring mine up slow and do it right to find my best e.t

19. yellowpony

Brad, after working with Dennis iI have learned the right way to go about things. Have to take the right steps to get to the end goal. We never checked converter slip in brandenton at 12psi, we just wanted a car that could make it through the cruise and rounds. When we stepped to 18psi it felt like an animal on the street, but with traction at the track we never made a full hit. The rpm fall back is only about 300rpm on the shift at 15psi. The car doesn't "struggle" on the trans brake.

Your car will run great, just its hard to expect an 8 or 9 second pass the first time out, just remember that and don't get bummed out.

Anthony

20. yellowpony

Axle run out was checked when the brakes went on, everything was fine.

anthony

bridal-shoal