1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

88 GT/Moore Racecraft turbo kit/Comp CT6X 88mm/AOD/Holley EFI

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by yellowpony, Nov 7, 2010.

1. yellowpony

Thanks guys, if any one wants to know, paint code B6. It is actually a oem ford color called "mandarin copper metallic." It was used on a believe the 2003 ford focus.

2. yellowpony

Trailer is loaded, off to Bradenton for some true street action!

3. jaredsamurai

4. Mustangbrad94gt

Is Dennis going with you?

5. yellowpony

Yea, me and Dennis. You coming?

6. 86turboGT

Car looks good bud! Good luck this weekend!

7. Mustangbrad94gt

I wish,try and post to keep us updated through the weekend and good luck buddy

8. mcj50

Wow, didn't know you were coming down. Come see us, we are set up in a vendor booth for Baer on right side if staging lanes.

9. ducatibrian

Good meeting Anthony and Dennis in person today. You guys keep after it, the tracks going to be rough the first 200ft with no cloud cover tomm during the day. It should be decent sat evening though other than thru 60ft.

Brian

10. yellowpony

&list=UUzaS0zePCzgAS_sSnt8AM4Q&index=1[/URL]
    &list=UUzaS0zePCzgAS_sSnt8AM4Q[/URL]
    &list=UUzaS0zePCzgAS_sSnt8AM4Q&index=3[/url]

11. 1sicpny

sounds good. I can't wait to see what she does with more then 12-lbs of boost

12. 64duece

Congrats Ant...car is starting to come around nice!
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

13. ducatibrian

Anthony / Dennis,
    Have you guys measured back pressure up to this point?

Keep after it Anthony and it will get there.

14. 64duece

Not yet. I plan to add a transducer next week before we head back to the dyno with more boost and the larger injectors. We pushed the 120's pretty hard with only 12.5lbs and didnt have time to put the new 225 Atomizers in before Bradenton. We're only a few lbs of boost away from Ant's chassis limitation (8.50 cert) hopefully it plays well so we can run the number.

15. ducatibrian

Dennis,
    I have heard the backpressure claims on those turbos and told ant to keep an eye on it. I will be curious to see where it goes once you get above where you guys are at now.

What kind of duty cycle were you pushing on the 120's?

16. yellowpony

Brian, we were right at 92-93% duty cycle on the 120's at 12.5lbs and have seen 96%. I am seriously hoping that it is not a back pressure issue, but we will find out next Saturday on the dyno. I appreciate you giving me the heads up to look out for that with that turbo. We aren't going for heroic numbers, we want what it takes to go up against the chassis cert. The car has already been a 1.42 60' off the footbrake so I do not see any reason why it can't 60 in the .20'a once the chassis is dialed. Dennis and I were looking at the slips and looking at the math, we feel the car can go around 8.80's with a good launch on 12.5lbs, and it won't take much more boost to put it in the .50's. I was a little Leary of going to a hydraulic roller as I have heard everyone and their brother say I would be giving up power versus a solid. I had Dennis spec the cam and Granted I haven't ran a solid in the 408 but this thing pulls all the way to 7k no problem and is making plenty of steam as it sits. I will update once it is off the rollers.

mm&ff showed interest in putting it in a mag, one of the editors stopped by my trailer and pointed out a few things that needed cleaning up, which I was sure it did, but a lot of my attention will be towards the interior in the next few weeks. Have new seats, rear carpet, rewiring the car, as well as a head liner and a few other miscellaneous things. I will update as I progress.

Anthony

17. ducatibrian

I am interested in seeing the hp per psi on the dyno.

Spiffed-up interior will go a long way towards mag coverage. They want that overall clean look for photos.

18. 64duece

Although I don't have #'s yet.....I don't see that being the case ar our power level. I get a pretty good feel how a car spools, how it runs down the track etc...it's not behaving like that at all. It's making pretty good power for the boost level...I don't think we're ever going to need to really "lean on" this thing so...we may never see a problem if these exhibit that at upper boost levels. Aside from running the number, Ant's been really focused on getting the car to the next level....it's been a racecar for alot of years with many combinations and it shows. Excited to see it start to come together as a quality hotrod.

19. racesloth

Anthony,

Looks like it was a good outing - at least nothing broke.

So for my car to go solid 8.50's do you think that my Y2K88 will need to be at about 19lbs on my new 414W? 4 more pounds that the CTX88?

20. mcj50

I shared my $.02 with Anthony but I don't think you could possibly be at a back pressure issue limiting boost at 12.5 psi. It sounds a lot more like something isn't right with the solinoid wiring or there is a leak in the lines.

I had the same issue a year or so ago and when putting 30 lbs if shop air on the manifold input for the solinoids and letting it cycle I could hear air pouring out if one of the lines. Stupid thing but hard to detect while running.

bridal-shoal