1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

88 GT/Moore Racecraft turbo kit/Comp CT6X 88mm/AOD/Holley EFI

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by yellowpony, Nov 7, 2010.

1. yellowpony

Not the best day at the track. Looks like we have a wideband going out on us. Breaking up bad before the 1/8 and 60' was off from the previous weekend. We have scheduled dyno time after Xmas.

Anthony

2. Mustangbrad94gt

aren't you running the holley guage and sensor, surely the gauge is ok right?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  3. yellowpony

The gauge only reads what the wideband tells it. If the wb is bad the gauge readings don't mean anything. You can tell from the fuel/correction tables. It is calling for over 100% correction at 8psi and 864lb/hr fuel at 5250 rpm. Also the car is calling for too much fuel at idle to get the desired a/f ratio. I understand e85 burns more, just not that drastic.

Anthony

4. ewoogy

Same exact thing mine was doing when my injectors were full of trash. Just something to think about.

Eric

5. D. Miles

What wideband sensor do you have Anthony? That's what I went through ALL summer with mine but I didn't know what was going on, just seemed weird to have the O2 go out after 2 passes, that was the day that I met you when you asked where I got my turbo. My afr's looked great in the datalogs but the system flow over 1700 lbs/hr on that last pass. On all the Google searches I did, I came buy where some say a bad batch of Bosch Holley O2's went out for a period. Since I wasn't 100% sure it was the O2, I just bought another Bosch. Now that I know that was the issue, I will be getting an NTK this winter and keep this new Bosch as a spare... D. Miles

6. 1sicpny

I have the upgraded ntk also....a little pricey though!

7. ewoogy

I thought about getting the ntk but heard that people were having problems with them also. And with the high moisture output with e85 I heard water will kill the ntk just as fast as the Bosch. After switching have you driven enough to see if it helped with the different sensor?

8. 1sicpny

I heard the ntk was the best one for boosted apps!

9. mcj50

I was having issues with my o2 correction on Friday also Anthony. Had a new Bosch and it was still f'ed up.

It was working on the dyno but Frank's innovate with NTK was showing different numbers.

I am going to have to do something also.

Remember, it isn't about the sensor only, it is about the driver in the ems.

10. mcj50

Maybe there was radioactive waste in the air, Atco is in the middle if no man's land.

11. yellowpony

I think I am going to get the ntk and get a spare Bosch one to keep in the trailer. Going to send the injectors out to get cleaned and go from there. I'm just looking for a reason to switch to the billet atomizers, this may be it. Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it. Dennis felt the wideband was going and now hearing these stories I am confident we are looking in the right direction.

Anthony

- - - Updated - - -

I think I am going to get the ntk and get a spare Bosch one to keep in the trailer. Going to send the injectors out to get cleaned and go from there. I'm just looking for a reason to switch to the billet atomizers, this may be it. Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it. Dennis felt the wideband was going and now hearing these stories I am confident we are looking in the right direction.

Anthony

12. yellowpony

Lol, there could have been. Car kept falling off every pass and sooner each pass. Thought it was ignition related but it is fuel related. A/F dipped to 6.8 on the one pass and that is where it started going crazy.

anthony

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks man!

anthony

13. rms7430

car is amazing!

14. yellowpony

15. 1sicpny

well would you look at that!!! that bitch looks and sounds amazing!

16. Mustangbrad94gt

X2 for sure

17. ewoogy

Looks badass! Post up more pics of that new paint job. Can't wait to see what it will run with the new combo.

Eric

18. yellowpony

19. 1sicpny

/\/\/\ that's a good pic! Don't think u sent me that one!

20. Mustangbrad94gt

like the new color, dam it looks good!