1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

88 GT/Moore Racecraft turbo kit/Comp CT6X 88mm/AOD/Holley EFI

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by yellowpony, Nov 7, 2010.

1. yellowpony

We are running mine dome based. Putting pressure on the top of the gate. So if I add 1psi on top of the gate with a 9# spring it should net 10psi. Back pressure and other things play a part on now much you need. I do not know about the orders for the solenoids. When you add the updated software for the ecu the touch screen will read "boost" and have a boost gauge on it. I have had software for about a year now but just recently got the boost gauge on the touch screen.

One of the coolest features in there is the "boost builder" feature, and it doesn't work the traditional way. There are other awesome features that no other ecu or software has, and for that matter boost controllers on the market. You can get lost in the features, guys will just have to wait and see!

Anthony

2. yellowpony

Justin, there is nothing wrong with the aod. Just I don't need overdrive anymore and Eric is going to be driving his on the street way more than I am, so it was an easy decision.

Anthony

3. FNFAST

Good luck this weekend!!! I hope my transmission makes ur car FN PROUD!!!

4. racesloth

Yes let us know....

5. ewoogy

He just sent me a video of a run at the track. I'm sure he will post them up at end of day. Looking good so far!

6. yellowpony

We had a pretty good day at the track yesterday. Never got a full pass on the car though, it would keep shaking the tires almost immediately. Would lift the wheels and start to carry them, then it would break loose and drop the front end down. I have a suspicion that it has to do with the bead lock wheels. As crazy as it sounds I have been told by more than one person who has tried it that they caused some weird issues with their car, i still have my old wheels that i am going to bolt on and try. Car ran excellent and the boost control worked flawless, ran a total of 9.6 psi yesterday, we wanted to get to 15 yesterday but fighting the tire shake we decided against it. Overall i am happy, if i could have got it to leave, we could have gone in the 5's in the 1/8, but spun and had a 1.66 60' time and went
    This content is protected
    , not bad for such low boost. One of the photographers there got a good shot of the car. The car launches way more violent than the 347. We even turned the 2 step down to 3300 and it still lifted the front wheels, once we get it to hook real good it should lay down a number!

[​IMG]#ad

Anthony

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  7. yellowpony

Also, these passes were on FNFAST's old TH400 and converter, worked perfect!

Anthony

8. Mustangbrad94gt

how much boost were you seeing with 2 step @ 3300

9. yellowpony

Brad, going by the data logs, about 4psi, but we have the boost control set to limit boost on the brake.

Anthony

10. FNFAST

Yea buddy!!! I'm happy you are carrying my transmission with you through the traps. I hope she makes you proud as much as it does for me!!

Sal

11. yellowpony

TTF/Ken, if you read this, there is a big yellow box with a message to contact you at the top of the screen. When i try to send a PM or start a thread to get your attention the screen goes blank and it doesnt send or start the thread, if you can PM me or email me i would appreciate it!

Anthony

12. racesloth

Great to hear it Anthony - you have it all worked out soon enough.... best of luck to you.

13. Hemann

Very cool pic!

14. PayUpSuka

Awesome dude! Glad it's working out for you, sweet wheels up pic too :)

15. ilove50

Finally got to see this thing in person! Nice meeting you and thanks for the tips!

16. Turbo Drag Radial

what were you running the tire air pressure at? Tire pressure and tire shake go hand in hand.

17. yellowpony

Thanks a lot guys, ilove50, your car runs excellent and is super clean! You should be proud that you ran low nines and drove 160 miles to boot!

Turbo drag radial, we were running between 15.5 and 16psi, where we normally run them, what do you think?

we are heading to atco Saturday to make some more passes. Dennis is coming with me to do tuning on the car, should be a much better day.

anthony

18. ilove50

Is sat an open test and tune day? How are they with tech there? I don't have my license, window net, and my belts expired in june

19. yellowpony

Atco techs pretty hard. If you don't have the right gear they are going to catch it fast. You may get one pass in but that's about it.

Anthony

20. Turbo Drag Radial

I figured that you were running like 10 or 11psi. Trying increasing tire pressure until the shake goes away. Also try tighten up the shock settings in the rear.

Good luck at Atco.