1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

87 mustang from 306 to 2.3T build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Sleeper T-Bird 87, Apr 21, 2007.

1. DannyS

oh man i love these builds!!!

Danny

2. Sleeper T-Bird 87

very much so,once i get my header built and ready i will sling the turbo on ;)

3. denmah

building a 2.3 turbo must be fun, ide love to try it sometday, seems like everything is much easier to reach.

4. NewTune

Nice looking build. Did all of the Turbo Coupes come with forged cranks, rods, & pistons from the factory?

5. Ford racer

I can't see the pix :'( I would love to though. I just got my blow thru 2.3 running good yesterday. Not too bad on the a/f's. Just need to do a little more tuning.

6. BlownShovel

The 2.3T's are stout little motors with lots of potential. Forged components :2thumbs: NA 2.3's had cast pistons....

7. DaOnE51T

Definately different, From 8 cylinders to 4 cylinders. Now thats a swap!!!! Nice work :2thumbs:

8. Sleeper T-Bird 87

decided to build a log header instead of a tubular version

[​IMG]#ad

9. turbomike

Rods headers makes a really nice centre dump header with an external wastegate which will let you use the stock intercooler if you want to, he is located in Sarnia Ontario Canada. He is the manager at an alloy shop and is very meticulous, uses the best materials and stress relieves it when he is done.

10. Sleeper T-Bird 87

11. Sleeper T-Bird 87

12. Sleeper T-Bird 87

think im going to take a break from this for a couple days Im about tired of messing with this log.

[​IMG]#ad

13. Sleeper T-Bird 87

well im back at it again ive had wthis log on and off 200 times,I did a final test fit tonight and all looks good except one minor issue.

heres a pic of the log.

[​IMG]#ad

14. cobra scott

haha I read the title of this thread and about shit myself....because I love it! I have a 96 Gt rolling chassis sitting in my garage that I am converting to a 2.3T. I'm picking up my donor car (an '88 Merkur XR4Ti) this weekend and then I am beginning the same build. I'm staying tuned to this build :2thumbs:

15. Sleeper T-Bird 87

Little more progress :chacha: :chacha:

Now to order some oil lines and some J bends!

[​IMG]#ad

16. Sleeper T-Bird 87

[​IMG]#ad

whipped this up tonight

17. Sleeper T-Bird 87

Well it runs again just need to get some j bends ordered and welded up. Mount the intercooler and boost gauge and i should be good to go!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]#ad

18. Sleeper T-Bird 87

got the intercooler mocked up today along with removing a little weight here and there seems all i need to do now is trim a hair of the bumper cover for clearance
    [​IMG]#ad

19. Sleeper T-Bird 87

Went ahead and ordered my 3" mandrel bends today for my intercooler piping they will be here by lunch tommorow even though i wont be able to pick them up untill wensday,a buddy is supposed to drop me off some 3" stainless for the down pipe we will see how that pans out. I hope to complete this by thursday evening and be able to start tuning asap.

20. 2_slow_5.0

Looks good I would love to build a 4cyl car like this then i would not have to hear the import guys whine about me having a v8!