1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

85 Mustang GT

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by Briansshop, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Mustangbrad94gt

nice run for fist time outing, what size nozzles are you using with the AIS kit

2. Briansshop

Sorry I never got back to ya on that Brad. I checked my paper work and can't find anything on my nozzle size. Give Rodney a call, he loves to talk water/meth injection.

3. Alamogt

I have a red 85 GT myself that is getting a 351 based stroker before I go turbo(have to fill the car slush fund back up). Love reading your build and like everyone else great job!
    Not a bad complaint to say you have a 10 second car on your first pass. That should drop with some tuning to car and driver.

4. Briansshop

Thanks. I really want to get the car back to the track, just other stuff in the way. My Gen1 Lightning will be sporting a turbo by spring. Figure I'll start a thread on it when I've got something good to post.

5. BlownShovel

Well spring is coming ;-) at least you are ready

6. Briansshop

Thinking about letting the car go. Big decision for me but thinking... Anyway thew it up on Craigslist to put it out there. I know I'm up there on the price,but it's my baby! My skin isn't thin, tell what you think. Hope it's not against the rules for me to link it here.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/5787130912.html

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  7. BlownShovel

Sweet car

Hate to see you looking to part ways but choices need made sometimes.

That said how long have you been considering letting her go? I say that because you could seriously regret it. My thought also is that their is no problem going high and seeing what potential buyers are willing to spend. I ran into some folks last year at a gas station who were gauging my car and it's value. They had a personal bet on who was right on the value. After that discussion I kind of thought hmmm It takes the right buyer to get the value out of our toys and every once in a while things line up --- getting good value will ease the transaction and lessen the (what did I do) regret afterwards. I've had some deep conversation and thoughts related to doing the same.

Good luck on the sale

8. Briansshop

Car has been sold, but to a good friend, so it's still close by. He's a lot younger than me - not so tired, LOL - looking forward to him following through and running some fast passes with it.

jaquetapus likes this.
  9. Pro-SC

Thanks for the link to your build thread. You did a great job on this car! Not sure how I missed this one, thought I had read most of the Ford builds on here.
    I was curious to see this type of transmission in a fox body. I have wondered how far over the shifter would be. Did you find it okay with the shifter over to the left like that? No problems with your knee hitting the shifter? Mine is going into a turbo coupe, I assume the tunnel is the same but there are some some differences between them in the under carriage so I guess I will see when I get there.

10. Briansshop

Thanks. The shifter position was great. Nice relation to the steering wheel,didn't have to reach too far the right. It was close to my leg, but no prob.

11. Pro-SC

That's great to know. Earlier in the thread you mentioned about a front air dam for the four eye cars in Canada being for sale. That was me! I used to run a business and I sponsored that website at the time when I was selling those parts. I used to have some pretty hard to find sbf parts including 2 5.0 efi roush intake manifold kits for the 94/95 cars.gotta get working on mine! Thanks for the info!
    Mark.

12. Briansshop

Man, thats crazy!