1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

85 Mustang GT

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by Briansshop, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Mustangbrad94gt

Hey Brian, how much do you think the crash bars weigh each, thinking of doing the same to my sn95

2. Briansshop

^ Depends on the year. I've read as heavy as 13lbs each to as light as 7lbs. I'll post it up when I get them completely out. Should be tomorrow.

3. Briansshop

Re: 85 GT stock block build - Door Beams

Got the pass side door all buttoned up today. I opened up the panel to give me room to cut the beam into small enough pieces to get out.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

I didn't want to drill the spot welds in the jam area - thought it would be ugly - so I just did the inside cut and left a small piece in there.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

And the good part! 15lbs!

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Hopefully, knock out the drives side tomorrow and it'll be 30lbs lighter. 2650lbs! :2thumbs:

4. BlownShovel

Re: 85 GT stock block build - Door Beams

Way to go. Every little bit counts. Glad to see the weight where it is at. Heck I have you by a half ton - on the fat side lol

5. Mustangbrad94gt

Dam Brian, 2650, that awesome!

6. AIS

Re: 85 GT stock block build

Brian,

Nice install. Was noticing the lines in the trunk and how they loop around. If you would like some 90 fittings on the pump and tank let me know (email me at
    This content is protected
    ) and I'll send them for free. Having the 90's allows you to route the lines cleaner. We are including 90's with all our systems now for this reason. Other then that everything looks nice.

Rodney

7. Briansshop

^^ Rodney, that sounds great, I shoot ya an email.

Thanks,B

8. AIS

Sounds good. Post new pics once you have the new fittings installed.

Rodney

9. Briansshop

Installed the 90s that Rodney sent.^^ Much better looking for sure. Thanks Rodney! :thumbsup:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Thinking maybe I should rotate the inlet side of the pump down to level the feed from the tank. Maybe...

10. 3pedals

Bah, it is fine, and it looks great!

11. jaquetapus

Definitely looks much cleaner. That's some pretty darn good customer service right there!

12. Mustangbrad94gt

Hey Brian, its been a while, how's everything going with the car? btw, what size nozzle's are you running on the ais kit? thanks Brad

13. Briansshop

All good with the car. Just got back from the Ocean City,MD spring cruise. Had a lot of fun,put some miles on it,and didn't get pulled over! :thumbsup: Still trying to get to the track,but not having any luck. Think I need a larger exhaust housing because I'm getting some boost creep at the top of 3rd and 4th gear.

I also have a new distraction... picked up a 95 Lightning and I'm in the middle of mini tubbing it. :welder:
    Fitting a 390/40 17 M&H DR on a 13" wide wheel...we'll see.

Some mock up shots:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Not sure of the nozzle size, I'll have to check my paper work.

14. 3pedals

if your getting boost creep, I'd say that means you need a larger wastegate.

15. Briansshop

I was thinking about that also. I'm using a Turbonetics Race Gate. Kinda figured it was enough for my mild combo,maybe not though.

16. Mustangbrad94gt

Hey Brian, when you get time, can you look up your nozzle size, I used one of those calculator's, I cam up with 2 #14 for my app., just wondering how close this is, just trying to compare with a few others thanks Brad

17. 3pedals

That waste gate is only 42mm. You also have a fairly small turbo, which means you will need a larger waste gate to control boost down to lower levels. The 42 might work well at higher boost levels where it does not need to bypass as much exhaust to control boost.

18. BIGSHUNN

Nice Build! I had a 85GT! I love those Mustang! Have did anything lately to it?

19. wtfovr

To the top so I can read it tomorrow at work without searching.

This is one of the cleanest builds on here.

20. Briansshop