1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

85 Mustang GT

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by Briansshop, Apr 9, 2007.

1. boostedtorino

Re: 85 GT stock block build

good lookin four eyed man :chacha:

2. Briansshop

Winter updates:

Been getting some oil down the guides. The plugs have always come out w/oil on the threads w/these heads. Same crap, 3 different short blocks that they've been on. Been wanting to get away from the iron Windsor Srs and get some alum AFRs anyway,so might as well do it now. :cheers:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Also adding a GZ Motorsports super pro pump for the crankcase. Because of that, I had to pop for some valve covers that are sealed up. The breathers are from GZ also. Very nice pieces, one for the pump intake, the other has the vacuum reg valve and doubles as an oil fill.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Might paint the intake black... not sure.

3. Dooger

Wow.....those breathers look sweet. Nice looking pieces if they play a double role as breather and catch can....nice :2thumbs:

Can't go wrong with a nice set of AFR's....

4. bumblebee

Nice! =)

What AFR's are you going to run?

5. Briansshop

225s! :chacha: I've had the Windsor Srs for about 18yrs, had forgotten that they had 200cc intakes before porting. Also,this time next year I plan on stepping up the block/cubes, so I figured I'd go big now. Hope the bigger valves will be ok w/the pistons. :doh:

6. RI85GT

Wow, you will have a big surprise coming with those heads coming from SRs. Good grief

Talk about opening it up :eek:

7. Chad89GT

Great work and great thread! Talk about motivational. Most projects that aren't touched for several months end up never getting finished. I give you credit for sticking with it for 4 years! Looking forward to what you have up your sleeve next :2thumbs:

Edit: forgot to ask: did you come up with a solution to the dash pad foam showing where it was cut for the cage?

8. Briansshop

Thanks, yea, it was a long time for sure. I ended up just painting the dash cut outs w/the same paint I used on the roll cage.

9. jfive

Hope the whole engine can handle the extra power the afrs will help you make. Those breathers are very nice pieces.

10. Briansshop

PTV clearance is no prob. Not much lift w/the F cam, but it's nice to know. 2.05 valves in the old heads,2.08 in the AFRs. The fit between the exhaust port and my 1 5/8" headers isn't as bad as I thought it'd be.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

I know,I know, a waste of $$. :stupid: I just feel like it's gotta help some. Even if it's only keeping the pieces together at the top end of the track.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

11. RI85GT

I think a main girdle is a good investment. A valley girdle.... Not so much

12. Briansshop

Getting a lot of $$ tied up in this "stockblock". :stupid:

Didn't like how the Harland Sharps were lining up w/the valves on the AFRs and I've been wanting some shaft mounts, so I went for it. I hope they work as good as they look. It was a let down to have to put the valve covers on.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

In there.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

13. bumblebee

Looking good!

Some monster heads you got there! :2thumbs:

14. domn8rx

A lot of nice stuff!! I really like the valve covers. I love these no limit builds :spend:

john

15. Chad89GT

Crossing my fingers, knocking on wood and saying a little prayer for your block... :D

Did I miss a post over the years that says what's in there for a rotating assy?

16. 331StrokerStang

If I was you I would go ahead and build a Dart based shortblock. You have way too much money tied up in this just to see it fail because of the block.

17. Briansshop

I wish, if there wasn't a limit,I'd be dropping in a Dart 331,347,or 363! :drool2:

Crank,rods are stock. The same stuff from a previous combo I was spinning to 7700 on the shifts w/a 150 shot!

I split one already and didn't loose anything but the block and crank. I hear ya though. It'll be at least a yr,I'll be going Dart as soon as I can

18. Briansshop

Got the wastegate relocated,the vacuum pump mounted, and it all just about buttoned up. I can't find a place the mount the breather bottle for the pump to save my life. Might spark it up tomorrow.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

19. botietr

Looks great!!!!!!! how much longer do you have before a drive down the track??

20. Briansshop

I know,moving VERY slow. This spring /summer hopefully.