1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

82 Fairmont, 5.3/zr1cam/80mm/4l80e 9.95@141!

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by denmah, Jan 20, 2012.

1. denmah

all dyno pulls are MS1
    ive never put the car on the dyno with the MS2, only driven it for a few days.

then i took it off to goto some car events and our dyno day to make sure i wouldnt have problems.

2. scatesracing

The reason i ask is you said you had it at 24psi. i was reading that the MS1 would only go 20 or 21 with its two bar map ???

3. denmah

its a 2.5 bar and sees about 22max
    i was running off the map yes

its so close to the map that it doesnt matter and i have great resolution

4. PayUpSuka

time for the Mapdaddy lol

5. denmah

eh only 25 out of 23.. hardly reason to goto 44psi map ill loose alot of resolution i wont be using most of it.

6. denmah

&feature=youtu.be[/url]

more microsquirt 2 progress today doing very good compared to yesterday lol

7. Forcefed86

Nice! Anyway to drop the ignition timing way down while on the 2 step?

8. denmah

yes, you can even go atdc, i was just telling it to retard at 2400 too see how it would work.

i could tell it to go strait to -5 at a certain RPM and pull a bunch of events and make it nasty but still testing here haha

9. ashford

eventually you will find the magic combination of dropping ign events/retard/added fuel to make it sound like a machine gun and have the cops show up. :cool:

10. HPbyGD

Does the Microsquirt use the wide band O2 sensor ? I was watching the video and air fuel didn't change or is it just that rich ?

Gary

11. denmah

it does use the wideband input, i do not have it connected. :cool:
    ill be running a skinny wire sloppy today just to get that connected

12. jfive

Need to come up with a way to make a easy efi conversion for carb guys using something similar to a 8 injector throttle body. I have been looking into this ever since your first post on the microsquirt. I was looking at the professional products powerjection III for a while, but after reading about all the problems people are having with it, I thought about making a similar unit that you could use 8 injectors, double the hp capabilities, and have the computer away from the engine, so it doesn't have heat issues. Hope you have more findings, as it will sure help with my idea.

13. brianj5600

14. jfive

exactly, there is another company that has one out there, but they are both too much money, so I am thinking of making my own with a regular throttle body, kinda like a 90* elbow with injectors built into it.

15. half-fast

been thinking of the same thing just not sure how this will work spraying horizontal

[​IMG]#ad

16. jfive

Yes like that, but with a 90* elbow on it, and the injectors at an angle going in from the top of the 1" spacer.
    Here is a ruff drawing of what I was thinking.
    [​IMG]#ad

17. denmah

they sell stuff similar to that i dont see why it wouldnt work

18. denmah

exciting to finally tear this motor down and check out what i believed the ring-lands to have butted and broken some ring-lands. to prove this we would have to see spotless pistons and broken lands only.

its nice to see we tore it apart and found exactly that, broken lower lands, from butting and perfect piston tops, people are also right about gen3 rods bending at 650+ because every single one of my rods is bent slightly lol. it seems like the rod is heaver material wise on the one side and thats the side they bend towards, hard to explain but they all bent around equally in the same direction bowing out in the center twoards the flexplate, rear or the motor.

should get my gen4 rods and pistons tomorrow and ill be opening up the gap on the rings and throwing them in.

it was neat to see, since pistons 1-3 broke, we checked the gap on them and they were like 18-19, then checking the gap on the other pistons that did not break, some were 24... just re confirming what people say about when you are pushing them you need to open the ring gap, but honestly it took bending the rods to break a ringland on this gen3. so i would say 600 is your limit probably might even be slightly bending rods at that power level.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

19. BlownShovel

One thing to point out is overall these pistons "seem" better than most stockers . Look at the room between the top of the piston and top ring land.

Other than that those rods are farked. But consistently strong. Wow. You beating up some parts.

20. denmah

lead foot iron fist

i was actually really happy to see bent rods and broken ringlands, and the piston tops were BEAUTIFUL