1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

72 Chevelle 496 Twin T72's

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by ss496, Dec 9, 2012.

1. ss496

Engine bay shot of it cleaned up....wow, I guess i forgot to clean up the fire wall...lol

Painted engine, intake, brackets...new cast aluminum valve covers so replace the crappy 15 year old $20 taiwan POS tin units

engine bay.jpg #ad

2. Bacon

That looks awesome! I have the same problem cleaning and detailing stuff, it just makes the shit I didn't clean stand out. Looks good, man. Glad it's back on the road.

3. ss496

went on a 270 mile round trip drive on Saturday.....car ran good. It ran consistent enough I think im comfortable putting the wastegate springs back in it......might look for some AV gas locally for a little extra insurance for WOT tuning.

4. Bergy75

Sweet build! Nice to see some nice cars being driven in Wisconsin. Get her all buttoned up over Winter and be ready to stomp the streets (and maybe WIR) in 2016!

5. ss496

Just took the insurance off it last week...im a snowmobiler and still looking forward to spring...lol

6. jiler115

Hey man great thread you have going on here. I may steal a couple ideas from you (like the BOV) on the back of the carb hat, cleans it up real nice!

7. ss496

thanks....post up your build when you get started.

8. ss496

I should probably get this thing out of the garage this year.....probably fire it up Sunday if I dont take the boat out....the turbo jet boat project has had me distracted this summer.

I need to replace the throw out bearing in my truck on saturday...so that time is burned up already.

I need to go for a cruise and wear down the old drag radials so I have an excuse to buy some new ones.

9. joeleodee

Subscribed.

I'm planning my build as we speak and I run a similar platform; 71 Monte big block. I'll keep an eye on your progress. Thanks for sharing.

10. ss496

threw in a set of plugs...changed the oil...

cleaned out the carb and found some crap in one of the IFR's....so that explains some if its low speed rough running...time to get it out and welcome spring with smoky burnouts

11. ss496

I decided to push the easy button and put a FAST Timing Retard Control on the Crane igntion box.....works well .

Regretting not putting an MS3 on it....but trying to be cheap....really wish i could data log with it.

Car is running great..... Running a conservative 20* at about 7-8 lbs of boost.

nxcoupe and fastspec2 like this.
  12. nxcoupe

Been to the track yet with it?

13. ss496

I have not....

Ive really gotten into boats lately. They take up my time when the tracks are open in Wisconsin. Ill need to make it a point to get to some early season stuff next year.

Cars have kinda been put on the back burner. Only messed with after the boats have been winterized.

nxcoupe likes this.