1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

66 Mustang turbo EFI build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Z06killinSBF, Dec 11, 2014.

1. fordrule

awesome build

2. 86roadrace

Great build and looks great. I'm working on something similar, but it appears you solved a problem I have not been able to -- the AC condenser and the intercooler. I'm using a stroked 351W with a March serpentine belt drive in my 65 fastback and had to move my oversized radiator forward, which moved the condenser forward, leaving no room between the grill. Think my only choice is dropping the intercooler low. Yours looks great.

3. fede85gt

WOW nice progress :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. 74chlngrTT5.9

Nice packaging there. Been tempted to do the same on my 68 Mustang.
    But...
    Already knee deep turboing a Dodge.
    I had to do a similar route on my Challenger for the upper radiator hose. If your hose is higher than the radiator cap you will end up with an air trap which may cause issues. I ended up using some ss bends to route it around the back of air compressor instead of over.
    Have pics if you are interested.

5. Z06killinSBF

I ran it like this in NA form but a better option is always good. Post up pics

6. 74chlngrTT5.9

I used heavy wall pipe because I already had it and turned down the ends to accept the hose but same thing can be done with thin wall and even a series of pipe pieces and hoses.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Mike

7. ramezcua1965

Hello you guys first time ever on a forum but I need help. I'm doing the same 5.0 swap EFI and turbo set up on my 65 mustang but I'm having trouble with the headers section. I wanted to ask Z06killinSBF if he was nice enough if he has time to post or send me pictures of how he modify his shock tower to make the headman headers work. Or should I go with cast iron exaust manifolds?

8. Z06killinSBF

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Best I got. Passenger side needs nothing.

9. ramezcua1965

Thanks a lot Z06killinSBF that is very helpful.

10. efi67

Looks Great!! I'm just starting on a 67 Mustang twin setup. Fun times!!

11. Z06killinSBF

Nothing is more fun than laying on your back building an exhaust system. 4" all the was from the downpipe out the back.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

12. Chris91LX

Nice build. What muffler is that? Subscribing.

13. Z06killinSBF

14. brianj5600

Nice, 4" over the rear end.

15. Hemann

Dynatech - Split Flow. I am using the same muffler. My car is still loud with it.

Z06, Great job on the exhaust. Going over the axle will help a lot with the noise. Building up some stomach muscles getting under that car 100 times.

16. Z06killinSBF

Thanks everyone, I've got the fuel system mostly plumbed up, will upload pics after a while

17. Z06killinSBF

Fuel lines and brake lines are ran and 90% plumbed, I have a few fitting and a hose to order and they'll be 100%. Next step is to pull all the T-5 bullshit and stuff the big ass 4r70w in place.

1/2" supply hardline and 3/8" return.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

18. Z06killinSBF

Anyone have any info on using a Microsquirt as a trans controller?

19. 1966Mustang

Coming along good, is that a stock fuel tank? Where are you running the return? Also what are you running for a fuel pump?

20. Z06killinSBF

Yes stock tank sumped, return is going through the sending unit. I forget what PN pump it is but it's a Weldon pump, I believe it's actually a pump for an airplane lol