1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

65 Falcon to 62 Fairlane

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Briansshop, Sep 4, 2020.

1. 91turboterror

speaking of Cherokee. Does anyone know who built a 2wd LS turbo Cherokee on here? Whatever happened to it. I think it was autocrossed

2. B E N

3. Mnlx

4. 91turboterror

5. tbird

I dont know what an OBS Bronco weight is. The Cherokee weighs around 4100 lbs.

6. Pro-SC

4616 lbs. I just checked. Brian has the build down, should be second nature for him…

Briansshop likes this.
  7. Briansshop

Slipping down the rabbit hole! Glutted the interior, bought some better seats,scored some 37s from my nephew. Need to get those 1 tons over here.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

8. Briansshop

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
    B E N and Pro-SC like this.
  9. Briansshop

Mounted the filter base on the 62. BIG 7.3 PSD size filter

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

After the oil pressure issues with the Lightning, taking no chances. -12 lines.

10. Dave R

Love it. You bring in new projects faster than I do. The difference is, your kids are out of the house at retirement. Mine are still here. First one heads off to college in 3 months. I'll be collecting more again. Love the oil filter setup. It should flow good and not starve anything of oil. Keep it up!!

Briansshop likes this.
  11. Briansshop

Mounted some turn signal leds in the top on the dash opening.

[​IMG]#ad

Waiting on those 1 ton axles

[​IMG]#ad

62CometTurbo and B E N like this.
  12. Pro-SC

Looks good Brian, is that Bronco an Eddie Bauer? Does it have an overhead console? I am looking for one….

13. Briansshop

It is an EB. When I gutted the interior,I held onto the overhead console,something just told me to. My son later told me they are hard to find. Not sure if I'll be using it yet or not.

14. Pro-SC

I think they also have nicer visors and rear view mirror. I am interested if you guys sell it. If the leather upholstery on the seats is decent you will get money for those also.

15. Pro-SC

Brian,
    Just wondering if those turbo headers you bought are 1-3/4 or 1-7/8”? I tried a set of sbf forward and down headers but they are not going to work. The right side header touches the k and the frame rail, just slightly . My heads have the stock ford spacing , the spread port holes and the TFS high port style holes. With the 1-3/4” and stock ford spacing you get very little gasket between the tubes and the holes, the spread port ones should work better. I went back through your whole thread and not sure if you re drilled the flange to fit the spread port holes? How do you feel the gasket seal will be? Did you run the ford gaskets on the ls headers? I am willing to try one more set seeing the price is good, only other issue I can see for me is my alternator will be pretty close.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
  16. Briansshop

They are 1- 7/8". I used a Ford gasket and the coverage was a bit thin at the top of the port,but nothing I'm concerned about. Used the wide bolt spacing. Was very easy to drill.

Best pics I have are here: ttps://www.theturboforums.com/threads/65-falcon-to-62-fairlane.386880/page-21#post-2052168

Just for info,I tried mounting forward/down,but the plug access was really bad. Here's a pic bolted up. I did the final install with studs.

[​IMG]#ad

BBR, B E N and 62CometTurbo like this.
  17. Pro-SC

Thanks Brian,
    I just got a set of the sbf down and forward and I should have ordered a set of these. I almost have half the parts I need for a second turbo car! Sheesh, I have spent to much on parts I can’t use! Lol…

62CometTurbo likes this.
  18. Briansshop

Came up with a low alt mount with the motor plate and crank trigger. Hopefully that's enough wrap on the crank pulley.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

19. Briansshop

Smart coils mounted down low on the frame.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

20. 62CometTurbo

Those pictures really drive home how much space you have with that suspension. I need to start saving my pennies and stop adding projects. Everything looks super clean under there.

74chlngrTT5.9 and Briansshop like this.