1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

65 Falcon to 62 Fairlane

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Briansshop, Sep 4, 2020.

1. FlatOut

I was always skeptical of the threaded adjuster sleeve on the tilton release bearing thinking it would slowly "back off" since it didn't have a lock but it doesn't appear anybody actually has that issue. I run a powertrain technologies one in both my cars that is shimmed not threaded but they have had a couple minor issues over the years.

That tilton clutch is quite the piece tho.

2. Briansshop

The adj sleeve has an o ring in it. Makes it VERY hard to install on the pilot tube. You can't turn it by hand when it on there.

3. Russell

When you say control the clutch with the Holley are you just thinking on off button release aka clutch dump. Or are you going to PWM or some trickery to slip it?

4. Briansshop

Yes,button leave with line lock on the clutch. Use the Holley to activate the LL at the bite point and then hold it there for whatever time works out the best. Not sure if it'll work or not but going to give it a try. Here's a screen shot of the Holley output:

[​IMG]#ad

The "start delay" starts a button release. When it expires,the LL will activate again. The "active time" is how long it'll hold.

The Holley will do PWM,so that's another level to think about if it works at all.

5. Russell

Is that standard in V5? Or custom that you made?

So would that simulate release the clutch some (delay), say half way. Holding it there for the active time, the release the rest of the way? I have never raced a hydro clutch. I really like learning how people control the slip on their clutches.

6. Briansshop

Yes. Just create and configure.

Yeah,that's it.

62CometTurbo and Russell like this.
  7. Briansshop

Worked out placement on the rest of the gauges.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Disney Lincoln and Pro-SC like this.
  8. Briansshop

I've got another distraction! Traded trucks with my Son. 97 standard cab F350 PSD for my 62k mile crew cab 96 PSD F350. He's been eyeing it for a while, and I NEVER drove it,so it just made sense. It's cool, he and his wife have a new born daughter and she's riding in the same truck that he rode in at the same age. Just the wife and I now,so the standard cab works for us. The 97 needs a bit of love,but incredibly only has 38k miles on it. It sat outside always and hadn't been started in over 10yrs! Frees up a lot of shop space because it'll be staying outside!

Also might sell the Falcon to free up more shop space and $$! Retirement is a trade off,plenty of time now,but less dough. Love the car though so hard choice.

[​IMG]#ad

Looks good after some clean up and a tire swap. ZF5 speed BTW,so I'm loving that. I own no automatic trans cars/trucks! :2thumbs:

[​IMG]#ad

9. Briansshop

And now another. :doh: My son gave me a rust free Bronco,with an F350 parts truck for a 1 ton axle swap. Bronco has a 351w/E4OD. Thinking some 40's,for a low budget project.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

C-lab, Russell and B E N like this.
  10. B E N

I'm not sure "40's" and "low budget" belong in the same sentance :) Good looking fleet!

11. mld54

Most people think I'm crazy, But I have wanted to do a OBS Bronco lowered 2wd. Kind of a 2wd Lightning inspired Bronco.

91turboterror, Briansshop and Russell like this.
  12. Briansshop

Yeah, I'll say relatively low budget compared to a HotRod, lol.

Figure the d60 and leaf spring combo will add some lift,and I'll cut the fenders for the rest. And some 5.13 gears.

13. Pro-SC

Cool, love the Bronco’s!

14. 62CometTurbo

This would be awesome. I like the old square body trucks.

15. Pro-SC

I thought I read an article quite a while ago about a lightning Bronco.

IMG_0612.jpeg #ad

62CometTurbo likes this.
  16. mld54

I've seen those posts before, I question if they are real or someones project. I was a Ford dealership tech in the 90's. Went to all the new model training along with all the factory training, never heard or saw anything about them from Ford. That doesn't really mean anything though.

17. 91turboterror

they were gonna make a lightning version of the expedition though.in the 2000s

18. Briansshop

Too heavy to be fast!

19. Pro-SC

20. Briansshop

The Cherokee was cool. I'm betting much lighter than an OBS Bronco.