1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

557 ford twin 76mm turbos

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 59megawagon, Jan 7, 2013.

1. jaredsamurai

I'll pm ya

2. Brillko

10 deg at idle is low... Mayby around 18 static and 4-5 degs more with vacum? Always tune idle timing for most vacum.

3. 59megawagon

I will check into max. vacuum at idle and see where that goes. It has a ford electronic dizzy with no vacuum advance though. I set my cranking timing of 500 rpm in the ECU to 5 deg for start up. It cranks best that way and seems to start ok??

4. BoostedBadBoy

I'd look into maybe a MSD with timing retard so that way you can keep your timing higher but when you crank it over it retards it back for starting ease like you want. Or at least something along those lines with same device. I had to do that with my high compression Nitrous Mustangs in order to get them to fire.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  5. 59megawagon

My car has a SDS system. Simple Digital Systems. I can control spark by RPM and manifold pressure every 250 RPM.

6. jaredsamurai

I've screwed with those SDS's a bit. Other than the display size, they are real easy and nice to use. Simple.

7. 59megawagon

Well maybe you will have some tuning advice for me??? The car wont be running this weekend.... Hilborn sent me the wrong fuel pump parts kit. I needed a coupler kit not a seal kit.... Arrrrrr......

8. jaredsamurai

Do you still have the manual? I had one on my computer desk but when my friend sold his svo over a year ago I decided to trash it just the other day lol. But yeah I'm down to help. Like stated above add some timing at idle would be a good start. That's a bummer on the fuel pump too.

9. 59megawagon

Yes I still have the manual for the SDS and they also have one online too. Not only did I get the wrong fuel pump parts but today I got my new pre filter from Hoosier racing and they sent me a -8 filter in a -10 bag?? WTF I cant get anything I ordered to be sent correct??? Oh well. Guess all I can do is sit and wait for more parts to come in??

Tom.

10. PrecisionTurboMustang

Make sure the pre filter is 100 micron.

11. Brillko

Have we done any progress?

12. 59megawagon

I have my pump fixed and installed, and I have my 2 new -10 fittings for when I get the new prefilter. I hope the filter to be here today or tomorrow??? Maybe dyno time next week is my plans????

13. jaredsamurai

tried calling you saturday. No answer. Didn't leave a message either as I was kinda busy anyway. Maybe another time. Good luck on getting the right parts this time lol

14. 59megawagon

Still no fuel filter yet????????

T.H.

15. 59megawagon

New update...... I just got the new -10 filter in the mail today. I will be installing it between the tank and pump tomorrow. It should be up and running again by 2pm...

Tom H.

16. 59megawagon

It runs again.... I hope to hit the dyno sometime this week. I will keep my fingers crossed it goes well.....

T.H.

17. 59megawagon

I have dyno time setup for Tues. the 18th at 9am at Speed Sports in Gilbert AZ. I hope all goes well..

Tom.

18. Disney Lincoln

Can't wait to see how it does!!!

19. 59megawagon

Here is my setup. 557 cid 8.5 to 1 comp. aluminum procomp heads unported just port matched, ARP studded mains, ARP studded heads, Comp cam 34-254-5 Adv Dir. 298/316 at .50 254/264 and valve lift 585/588 and a 112 LSA, Torker2 intake, 80 lb, injectors, -10 fuel lines and Rails, 76mm china turbos, 75mm TB, 50mm wastegate, 50mm blowoff, 3" in and out intercooler, SDS injection system with 36 deg of total advance unboosted and 25 deg of retard boosted, boost controller turned all the way down for tuning but guessing it will make 3 to 4 lbs of boost at WOT. and it makes a max of 8lbs with the wastegate spring it has. Anyone have any thoughts??Am I missing anything???

Tom H.

20. jaredsamurai

I think itll be fine now that you have enuf fuel. Low compression and alum heads help too. Dont pull too much timing as you can cook valves and crack preturbine exhaust. You'll get all kinds of stuff glowing red.