1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

5" DP, full 3.5" exhaust, stock hood, full accessory 3700# Capri = 9.31 @ 146

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by Anthony Fury, Apr 25, 2008.

1. nealysa

Re: T6 / 331" / 5" DP / stock hood / full accessory Mercury Capri

I can't see the car! :D

2. Shane97Cobra

SHAUNTHONY'S FTW!

Looking great, I'm sure everyone is starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

3. 86merc

haha We joked about putting a nice Foose style engine cover over it. haha There is a lot of stuff in the engine bay for sure. But it really does not interfere to much. No more than any other full accessory, T6, 5" down pipe Foxbody. Wait are there any of them?

I am happy with the decision to run the a/w set up. I still have the meth kit too. I have seen two meth kits fail and cause damage in the last year. Yours was one of them already. That sucks for sure. Not 100% sure if I will use mine or not. I guess we will see what happens.

btw, Good luck on the dyno today.

Oh come on, it is not that bad. lol

4. 86merc

OK. Well Saturday Anthony was at the shop working on the brackets again. He cut a wood sample so we can see how it looked and check for issues. The belt wrap on the pulleys is awesome! It is also grouped together very well. I think one more adjustment to the p/s pump placement and we should be good to go. I figured I would post a pic of the alt bracket with the LS1 tensioner on it.

I used Saturday to install the parachute mounts. It was nice as it bolted right up and saved some good weight. To bad all my weight savings are at the back of the car. :bang: haha

Sunday we worked on finishing some stuff on the turbo kit. The main thing was the wastegate. I was worried when Anthony had an "idea". Not so much that he wanted to use crap exhaust pipe to make a screamer pipe, but more so the fact he had the wastegate mock up totally wrong. There is no outlet there! HAHA

When I veto'd the screamer pipe Shaun stepped in with this idea.

I think these guys have been in the garage for too long with out sunlight. haha

5. mustanggreg

I would love to route my accessories just like you did and have been searching for a way to either move the alternator down or to the driver side of the engine.

You say that's an LS1 style tensioner? What did you attach the alternator to?

6. mustangcobra438

THis makes me wish i could afford a tig welder :(great looking build

7. TwinTrouble

The alternator and the tensioner are attached to a bracket Anthony cut on the CNC mill out of 1/2" CR steel plate. We will have more pics of the custom brackets when they are completed.

-Shaun

8. Anthony Fury

Hey, is it done yet?

Can't wait to see this thing run so we can have our fucking lives back hahahaha

9. 86merc

haha nice! Being sneaky! lol

10. Shane97Cobra

Any more progress pics???

11. 86merc

Nothing earth breaking in the last few weeks. I did get to see the pita Marman clamp that came in for the wastegate. I asked for a nice machined clamp with a tongue and groove and got a Marman clamp instead. Basically it is a rolled tubing that doesn't look like it would seal to well. So that was worth the $60 for one single 2" clamp. NOT!

I started to run all the water lines for the intercooler, mounted the pump, cut holes etc. Looks good so far. I also have to order new battery cables as the one that come with the Taylor kit are not even close to making it from the hatch to the front of the car. And the pre made ground cable barely makes it out of the battery box. So lots of crap to deal with.

Anthony started to machine the second accessory bracket. That should be done and fitted this week. And hopefully if the turbo kit and fabrication will be all done. Then we can finish the brake lines and get the kit out to the coaters.

12. Drlee50

welding supply store for 00 cable!

13. 93svt331

LOOKING GOOD

14. Shane97Cobra

Have to love when the battery relocation "KIT" doesnt' work and you get to spend the money twice.

15. Anthony Fury

Pratt: "Hurry!! Send me the Marman clamp!! PLEASE!!!! Overnight it!!"
    Marman clamp boners: "Okay no problem!"

(later)

Shaunthonys: "Was this thing made in prison?" We can always hack it off and turn it back to a screamer pipe (what you should have done in the first place, hahah). :)

16. fastestdriver

If one were to have "work" done at Shawnthanys, is there an extra charge for the entertainment or is that figured into the price?? Nice build, you guys keep it interesting that's for sure!

-Eldon

17. 86merc

haha I get a better rate on the labor as most of the "entertainment" is at my expense. lol And their new motto is "Shaunthony's Wear a cup".

Yea, I was thinking that may be the plan for Saturday. And hopefully the cable from the kit will at least reach the alternator.

Thanks. They do great work for sure.

haha yea. PITA I can see a guy with a Impala or something coming up about 5' short. haha

18. 86merc

Yea, Because "Machined tongue and groove" is almost like folded tubing crap.

And we can't run a screamer pipe as it is not emissions legal. hahaha

19. Shane97Cobra

Is it just me or does this look like a giant bowl for smoking pot?

20. Anthony Fury

Actually Eldon, we have a rate structure for the gags:

Puns: $0.50
    GOOD Puns: $1.00
    "Back to the Future" jokes in regards to Mike's car: $1.50
    Made-up swear words: $2/ea. or 3 for $5
    Clever manipulation of existing logos / slogans / stickers / banners: $2.50
    Nut shots on the unsuspecting: $3
    REMOTE nut shots using fixed-length instruments: $4.50
    REMOTE nut shots using improvised telescoping instruments: $8.00
    DOUBLE nut shots on 2 different people at the same time: Call
    Middle fingers: Always free

(I think if we got half of that, we could retire early!)

I can't tell you the amount of times (in this build alone) we've turned something into an imaginary bong. Which is really funny considering neither of us smoke pot at all. I smoked a cigarette through the coldside with the ends capped off, too, hahahaha!