1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

5" DP, full 3.5" exhaust, stock hood, full accessory 3700# Capri = 9.31 @ 146

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by Anthony Fury, Apr 25, 2008.

1. montelius

Re: T6/ 331" / 5" DP / stock hood and all the accessories. In a Delorean?

The number of dudes you'll be picking up with this car is increasing exponentially Pratt. :2thumbs:

2. Paulie

I can't find the mufflers on Summit's website, do you have the part number? I want to put one on my Prius to help increase gas milage.
    Looks amazing.

3. 86merc

Dude, You know the only person who gets excited seeing my car is your girlfriend. GF sees my car -->:drool:

Oh, And how come she is not allowed to came to the track by herself to "hang out" with me anymore? :scratch:

I think Anthony told me they were under the Xtream Racing part number 123456. Or was that the 5" to dual 3.5" merge? I forget.

4. TRUNKS

Holy crap Mike! I knew you were putting a turbo on your car from the pics on CMC but didn't realize it was this extensive and innovative.

This is a very impressive build, can't wait to see the finished product. :2thumbs:

P.S. I wonder how much power you'd pick up with a bigger set of heads (And a more aggressive cam?)...

5. 86merc

Hey Nick, Thanks. We are real happy with the build. I looked at off the shelf kits and they all had things I didn't like. We took the opportunity to make a kit that solved those issues and fit our build criteria. It has been a fun project to watch unfold so far.

Remember, this is a street car. I only wanted to run 10's last year. haha It went nines pretty easily. So I got the bug to get a more efficient power adder and maybe try for the eights. That is a fast enough street car right? :D haha I really don't want to change heads on this motor. Compressor wheel, exhaust housing, converter and cam I am sure will get changed to optimize the combo. I really want to dial this combo in. Every good running combo I have gets changed to quick. lol I want to have a reliable combo & car together for a few years. No more major changes for a while. lol The next project will be a large cubic inch, canted valve headed, big twin turbo car with a large engine bay and go for minimum weight. :chacha:

6. TwinTrouble

Sounds like MY next project :2thumbs:

7. 86merc

Well my projects seem to be your projects as well. haha

8. Gnon

tailpipes that size will look bad azz :2thumbs:

9. montelius

Twin turbo Fairmont wagon!

10. slowfox

Wow you guys are doin a wonderfull job on this car. :bow: :bow: :bow:

11. TwinTrouble

Thanks man, it is taking us a lot longer than we hoped, but we are really happy with the way it is turning out.

Anthony should have some pics of the tailpipes this afternoon.

-Shaun

12. 86merc

The tail pipes turned out REAL nice. And they look insane out back. haha

At one point we were looking for a piece of 2.5" pipe for comparison. We kept picking up pieces of 3" thinking they were 2.5". I guess from looking at the 3.5" for so long we are a little jaded. haha We finally found one. The 2.5" pipe looked SOOOOO tiny. HAHAHAHA

13. Anthony Fury

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

14. Shane97Cobra

AMAZING! You guys have out done yourselves again.

15. Anthony Fury

Mike is right - the second pic is the one with the 2.5" pipe next to the 3.5". As another bonus, the pipes peel right out with the axle dropped. The moved ARB tabs really made this a cinch....well maybe not a cinch, but possible anyway.

Edit: forgot to mention, the axle has full range of motion, without any interference.

16. 86merc

Re: T6 / 331" / 5" DP / stock hood / full accessory Mercury Capri

Yes, Kevin at Baseline Suspensions made the street anti-roll bar with the down links moved in to help clear with 3" systems. And that sure helped with the 3.5" custom system. The pipes are tight in a few areas. But it clears every thing with ample room. Like Anthony said the tail pipes cane be removed or installed by just lowering the rear end. You don't have to unhook the shocks or the anti-roll bar to do it. Great work for sure.

And man they system is light! lol

17. Drlee50

nice!!!! :bow: :welder:

18. BigTurboNotch

That thing is BAD! Cannot wait to see it :chacha:

PS, you guys want to do an exhaust on a 91, all i need is the dumps before the rear axle. Ive already got dual 3.5" downpipes that have 3 bolt flanges. Let me know, im local to you guys!

19. green notch

Man that is some awesome work you guys have done there, Makes me wanna really take time on my junk and make it look good, Looks awesome man!!!!!!!!

20. vossperformance

Could I get a copy of this?
    This content is protected