1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

5.3 Turbo Malibu

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by extrememachine, Jun 13, 2008.

1. ronlp

Yes.

2. Justin_Inc

I agree 100%, you just cant beat the Master Power T70 IMO, its proven itself time and time again to be a trooper. 1320video's turbo 'chevy fairmont' with a stock 5.3, cam swap, injectors, valvesprings has gone low 9's in the 1/4 mile with a MPT70.

and holds a world record with it !

&feature=related[/url]

3. Chacata

+ 1 for MP T70. Get it from site sponsors, it's cheaper and you'll have all kinds of support if something goes wrong. :2thumbs:

4. reamo04

get a MPt70 with .96 A/R from VSracing.net on here

otherwise, the ONLY person i would buy one from on ebay is modular turbo designs as he is an authorized dealer as well.

But vsracing is too, and ive ordered LOTS and LOTS of stuff from him

5. Robert1320

Actually, his is not a site sponsor...

VS for the MP turbo.
    CDR for the B/W

6. vader_turbo

That guy got outed by Brian from b&g for being a hardcore spammer! He came on and started posting and talking about hiself in the third person, " If I were you I would by one from this guy he really knows his sh*t"

https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=111211.msg1095938#msg1095938

If your a member here, buy from a damn sponsor :doh: You get better prices, some acctual customer service and you support the site that you use for all your info and questions.

7. reamo04

never saw that before. I do know that if you have a problem with your MP turbo, thats who MP sends you to

8. vader_turbo

I wouldn't trust him after that fiasco.

9. Anthony Fury

A. That is a REALLY badass looking car.

B. I wouldn't put any "eBay performance" part on my dog's car. This site's sponsors are the best place to get stuff. I've personally dealt with VS Racing, CDR, and Darin; all stand-up guys.

C. Our pal Shane is one of those people chasing down the "fastest MPT70 in the universe" (ha ha) title with a 281".....I'd say even for your conservative goals, get the .96 A/R turbine. Those 5.3s, stock, move a really decent amount of air on their own. Search around, there are some 5.3 swaps here - both N/A and turbo'd - that do amazingly well for a longblock that came out of a junkyard. Excessive backpressure is a bitch. Don't be a "turbo lag" baby, hahahaha.

10. s10

nice car :2thumbs: . hows the 5.3 swap going im going to prob going to do a 5.3 in my 78 and was looking of advise

11. extrememachine

I've done nothing to the car! I'm going through a divorce and the car is listed as an asset. Once that is all settled I can start on it. I have the 5.3 and a M/P T70 turbo. That's about it.
    I own a smaller manufacturing shop and am going to use the car for some R&D projects. First off will be a do it yourself 8.8 Ford swap kit.