1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

5.0 pushing water at high boost. update efi spyder intake oring block and f cam

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by draggsxr1000, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Forcefed86

Care to share? I made some timing changes as well this weekend. Wish I would have stayed locked out at 18*! This was 21* on e85 30psi... great way to end the season! Still drove her home though. :)

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. cat herder

via PM:
    I apologize for telling you things you don't want to hear, as it seems you came into this with your mind already made up as to what you were going to do and ignored anything to the contrary.

(Also, apologies if the use of punctuation and grammar in this post seems foreign and confusing to you.)

3. PrecisionTurboMustang

Now thats impressive whats the head look like.

4. draggsxr1000

Once again your ignorance shines. We followed suggestions and added a few of our own. I stand behind my statement. Maybe u should consider listening to your own advice. i know your type you run around forums spouting off horrible advice to anyone willing to listen.

5. stangman9897

6. Mnlx

Apparently you havent read many of herders posts..... You have been a total tool to anyone who has replied to your questions with an answer you didnt like. If you know all the answers, why ask the question?

7. NME308

I happen to agree with the OP's opinion of earlier advice...
    Telling the gentleman to change to a more efficient intake and TB to keep the boost down while making the same power??? Yes you most likely will accomplish the more power with less boost trick but cylinder pressure WILL remain the same - it just took less pressure from the outside to push the same mass flow to the inside... Same number of molecules inside chamber creates same pressue causing same HG sealing issue...

My stock 3TC toyota head with baby cam took 35psi boost to make it run 115mph in a 2500lb car. 38psi pushed the head gasket and allowed it all to grenade. Had I used a ported head and good supporting intake system I could have made same power and grenaded it with 20psi instead! :D

Cheers,
    Jason

8. draggsxr1000

Please do show where i was being a tool?

9. stangman9897

That would be like trying to give you advice that you supposedly came here looking for and would not except or listen to. Like the OP said , if you had all the answers why did you start the thread in the first place. And yes you have come off as a know it all TOOL , just go back and read your posts.

10. draggsxr1000

I give up. Have a great day!

11. reesejeric

Every one stay calm its not that big of a deal.To everyone who gave advice THANKS. there is no reason to get mad at one another.For those that want to know what we did to help this head gasket thing (don't know how long it will last but we will see). I bought a intake upper and lower,f-303 cam (ADVICE FROM FORUM) and changed gaskets from FEL-PRO MLS to FEL-PRO 9333,O-RING block,used hylomar on both sides of gaskets,drilled the block to use 1/2 inch bolts. That's where we stand at the time. So fare its good, no water in catch can at all. Before we were getting a little at 12 to 15 lbs. The 2 passes i posted were at 15 lbs, I hope this will last till the block gives up or rods get the S look to them.

12. cat herder

Who made those suggestions, and did they also get a nasty PM for it? :mmm:

Were you drunk when you sent the PM? Say it out in the open next time, no need to hide anything. Oh, well I guess there might be a need, like if you know it would make you look like an ass.

Seven days after my last post in this thread, you decide out of nowhere to send that PM? A week later? I had unsubscribed from this amazing thread after my last post, until you dropped that turd in my inbox and reminded me of it again. So thanks for that.

To the car's owner telling everyone to stay calm and it's not that big a deal, I am calm, and you're right, it's not that big a deal. But since I'm not the one starting shit out of the blue, maybe you should make sure that particular piece of advice is directed towards your buddy there.

:cowboy:

13. reesejeric

To the car's owner telling everyone to stay To the car's owner telling everyone to stay calm and it's not that big a deal, I am calm, and calm and it's not that big a deal, I am calm, and you're right, it's not that big a deal. But since you're right, it's not that big a deal. But since I'm not the one starting shit out of the blue, I'm not the one starting shit out of the blue, maybe you should make sure that particular maybe you should make sure that particular piece of advice is directed towards your buddy piece of advice is directed towards your buddy there. there.

that is between you and him I'm not getting into the middle of that I just wanted to post what is working for the problem at this time.

14. draggsxr1000

This right herr prompted the pm. Your just stiring the pot. Get a life

15. draggsxr1000

Yall are worthless

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  16. TT_05_Stang

Since when is pointing out the obvious(retardation), stirring the pot?

17. draggsxr1000

So were retarded for trying to keep headgaskets in? Guess what it worked! And yall are right we dont need bunch of keyboard bangers giving us ideas. Dont yall have an on3 thread to cry over?

18. TT_05_Stang

Hold on I will send you a PM on that...

19. livefast1

How many passes do you have on this new setup?

20. reesejeric

only 2 passes had a bad crank sensor when we unloaded at the track,so that killed time.Hope to go back this weekend and get a hit or two in.I need to take some preload out of the suspension to get the car to go a little straighter and then turn it up a little more.