1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

418w w/ twin 70's (street car)

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by vossperformance, Aug 10, 2006.

1. vossperformance

Here are some close up pictures.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

I plan to be able to fasten the sheet metal back in at some point, here is what it will kind of look like.

[​IMG]#ad

2. platedturbonotch

very cool :2thumbs: i like your way of thinking . love the downpipes

3. vossperformance

Thanks,
    I like a clean engine bay, moving some of the pipe work out side the frame rails should help out alot.

4. Bobby

Those are some awesome pics man. If i could only weld... I think that the way those are positioned is pretty awesome. Question though, are you going to run a flex joint between the header and the turbo? Or are those just mounted to the frame for mock up purposes?

5. vossperformance

I plan to run a flex bellow on each side to keep from stressing any of the pipes.

6. bleeatch

are you gonna run open turbo or try to squeeze a filter in there?

7. zona70

Subscribing....

8. vossperformance

May just run it open with a screen, also have some ideas for a fake head light ram air w/ or with out small panel filters. It being a 4 eye car makes it pretty easy.

9. Unatural

How much clearance are you going to have when the wheels are at full lock?

10. stonegod85

subscribing

11. calereeves

:2thumbs: Amazing work with the cage! I'll be looking to your car for examples in a few months!

12. vossperformance

It looks much better now that it is painted, I will have to get some picks up.

Scott Black at Chassis Pro guided me through the assembly even though he didnt care for some of the stuff I wanted :'(
    Anyone looking to have some chassis work in the South Carolina / Georgia area, you wont find better work. They have very fair pricing. Anything from suspension parts installed too full chassis work ups. They also build some of the baddest turbo headers out there. Check some of my other post to see some of there work. We are working on getting a website up. I will post links once in place.

13. macmustang91

Car looks awesome!!! Its really coming along and fairly quick for a turbo mustang...lol...

I have a question for u regarding the rollcage... Did you originaly have bolt on or the under car kind off subframe connectors?
    And did you keep them in when doing the cage. Also im attaching a picture of yours of some of the floor bars down at the front of the vehicle that are welded to the front down bars...i have the area in question circled in red... Is that welded to the front frame rail
    or is it just resting on top of it?
    Sorry about all the questions but i like your cage setup cause it doesnt use the big bulky through the floor style subframe

gray07311.JPG #ad

14. nosstang

Kyle's car does have a under the car subframe connector that was on the car before. We left them on during construction of the new cage. They will be removed afterwards. The new framerails (subframe connectors) are sub-mounted into and welded to the original framerails. And the kicker is sub-mounted into the floor and attached to the new framerail and the front windshield down bar. This keeps the bars down low (out of drivers way) and also allows us to weld them to the floor for extra strength.

Hope this answers your questions

Scott

15. vossperformance

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

16. Sleeper Stang96

looks great man. I was trying to figure out how to fit the t70 in my car on the pasasenger side for the longest time.....hope you dont mind, but I am "stealing" your idea and sticking it in just like yours :angel:

17. slocobra

looking great!

Do you have a pic. of the merge from the turbos into the intercooler? I hoping to see some examples before I started mine.

18. nosstang

I don't think he has any pics of the cold side piping. He built it one way, and didn't like the way it turned out, so we are redoing it.

19. vossperformance

I will post somthing as soon as I get it together, probably be next week sometime.

Thats why I post so many pics, so others can use or twist my ideas for them self.

20. black89gt

I love the artwork on the front of the intercooler.r