1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

418w w/ twin 70's (street car)

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by vossperformance, Aug 10, 2006.

1. 99TTGT

how many projects do you have?

2. vossperformance

Well I just had this one and the red coupe. Coupe is finished now and I hope to have this one finished by the end of the summer. I do have some other projects in mind though. I have been planning a special one for awhile that I will do in memory of a friend that past almost 2 years ago.

3. 99TTGT

what will that one be about?

4. vossperformance

It will be my version of a super car. One off tube chassis roadster looking vehicle. Built more for function then looks. Think of Mad max, meets Prowler, meets tube chassis over grown go cart. Crazy weight to HP ratio, very few body panels. Big wheels, low roof line. Very mechanical, not much hidden, but very clean, v8 single turbo. Somthing that when you pass it on the road you wont have a choice but to say WTF was that. I have already been collecting parts for this project but it will still probably be a little while before I start. I am going to finish this car and then I need to build a late 60's Camaro for a family member.

5. davidjalb

Wow that sounds sick, i guess you have your own tubing bender and notcher, im so jealous :bang:
    Just out of curiosity how would you register and insure something like that?

6. vossperformance

I dont have my own bender and notcher, but I have a good friend that owns a chasssis shop Chassis Pro link in my sig. He has been real good about letting me use his stuff in exchange for manual labor :D that is actually where this car is. I do plan to buy a radius roll style bender so I can do long sweeping bends for this project. As for getting a title I am not sure. I think you can register a vehicle and get a builders title, or some use the VIN of a doner car, like people do with the VW rail buggies.

7. chromeyellow

you're doing some good work, i like how you "need" to build a 60s Camaro too. :D

8. vossperformance

9. DTPerformance

Very Nice build

10. boner

got any more pis of the tub work??

11. vossperformance

I am still working with it. I will get some more pictures up this weekend.

12. boner

copy. lookin foward to it.

13. TTAWD

Just dusting this one off! :corn:

14. vossperformance

Sorry for the delays, I have been spending any extra time playing with my red coupe. I have some updates on the gray car I just have not had time to post the pictures. I will get some updates on here soon.

15. rednotchtub

both mustangs are real nice :2thumbs:

16. Scott02GT

What do you have to sell?

17. TwinTrouble

HAHAHA nice Scott!

18. vossperformance

Not sure I understand?

19. DaOnE51T

Any news on this project? :welder:

20. RyanMayo

If you look at all the posts by "rednotchtub", you'll see that they're all very short posts with no point other than to compliment other people's cars. IOW, it's a fairly obvious attempt to get to 100 posts so he can sell something in the classifieds. :ahah:

Either that or he just wants everyone to be his friend?