1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

408 TT street car build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by bgjohnson, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Hemann

Saw your car at Bennigans a couple of weeks ago. Looks very nice. You have done a great job with it.

Are you going to get on the dyno again with it?

2. bgjohnson

Most likely not this year. It's running so well, I don't want to mess with it. Plus with the baby coming, I don't need to blow a few hundred bucks to see a Number.

3. Turbo Drag Radial

badass car.....I bet this car is a blast to drive. The auto is the way to go with a turbo.....but nothing beats the fun of a manual trans!!!!

4. MUSTLX50

I know you put it on the Viper, lol, very nice, nothing like good friends and a road to take a drive with fun cars, enjoy man.

5. bgjohnson

It's like I tell my friends about the manual. "I don't want to be that fast". Then comes cages, breaking more stuff, going faster, blahblah.

6. bgjohnson

Hell of a year!

Had a baby girl, changed jobs a few times.

I literally just changed the oil in the car and it's been 1,000 miles of no issues.

However, I'd been rocking 20 year old control arms from a friend for 10 years. Car was getting very twitchy, going a few lanes over on and off the throttle, about killed me a few times. Plus my freshly painted rear bumper had the right rear tire shoved against it from the rear moving around.

So, I ordered maximum motorsports adjustable lower control arms and a friend gave me solid upper spherical bushings for the housing side. Also got a much stiffer rear sway bar, I had a theory I wanted to test and it worked!

The body roll I experienced on-throttle is gone, it is infinitely more controllable too.

Also in the spring, we replaced the aftermarket fenders with OEM used ones, muuuch thicker. Finished the underside of the hood, added a bump for the charge pipe, fixed other issues. Its lookin good!

FB_IMG_1477778889740.jpg #ad
    FB_IMG_1477779057668.jpg #ad

FB_IMG_1477778889740.jpg #ad

FB_IMG_1477779057668.jpg #ad

7. bgjohnson

8. Hemann

Congrats on the baby.

Thought you gave up on this site. Car is looking good.

9. bgjohnson

Never! I love this site. Facebook is taking me away from the forums though.

10. flyinhillbilly

Facebook did it to me too, until I got kicked off for my choice of usernames

11. bgjohnson

Update on the car many years later.
    Its got 6k+ miles on the setup now, still doesnt burn a drop of oil. I ended up welding the anti surge housings shut. Swapped to 3.55's. Boost response is much improved. Upgraded my pump to a Magnafuel 4303(more street friendly). And I added a three port solenoid for boost control.

Heres a video I made about the car for my channel. Has a few good rips in it!Closer Look: What is the Mustang? - YouTube

B E N likes this.