1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

4.8 crank in a 6.0 block buildup questions

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by trbo355, Sep 14, 2013.

1. flyinhillbilly

This makes me wish TTF had a "like" button. DOOOO EEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. trbo355

Hillbilly its funny how us car guys are somehow mentally linked together. You got your sorry ass back into cars again, all my buddies are talking about getting back into racing hardcore and for the first time in FOREVER im actually thinking positive thoughts about the Trans Am instead of being disgusted with the old heap.

The planets must be in alignment for some serious fun this summer. LOL

3. jfive

Put up when and where and I'll be there!

4. thunderroad

Alright, in for a progress report.

5. trbo355

After 2 years of teardown and bodywork its finally painted! Hopefully very soon i can start reassembling it and tie up about a million loose ends. Been a long wait to hear the destroked 6 liter bark to life. :encouragement:

My chevelle hood stripes.jpg #ad

my chevelle trunk stripes.jpg #ad

6. blk2door

Paint work looking good, will there be a 6 speed behind this destroker?

7. thunderroad

That paint looks awesome! Been thinking of the flip side of what you did, silver with blue stripes. Can't wait to hear that motor either, gonna be sweet sounding. In a Chevelle too makes it sweeter!

8. Drac0nic

The funniest thing about that TA is the turbos seemed to be more of a headache than the engine ever was.

Can't wait to see this going. Hoping for a good summer for cars.

9. flyinhillbilly

Looking good

10. trbo355

Nope it wasnt worth butchering the trans tunnel to make it fit so its a Th400 for now. Im wondering what kind of power the new breed of 6 speed autos can be made to handle because that would sure be cool!

11. blk2door

The guys with the cts-v are getting those six speeds to live with good times on the Trans.

12. Transamthunder

This is a cool build, but your Trans Am with the Grenade was my absolute fav.

13. trbo355

Thought I should update this old thread. Car is up and running and so far leveled off at a nice 10 lbs boost and its pretty damn fast so far! 3.31 gears and a roughly 2400 stall converter and while its a touch laggy with the twin 76mm turbos, from about 4 to 7 grand it screams bloody murder! I'm really digging this destroker motor.

DSCN3385.jpg #ad

14. trbo355

Another pix.

DSCN3439.jpg #ad

15. Forcefed86

Very cool! Are you going ot throw a "loose" converter in to make up for the lack of bottom end?

16. afterfire

Car and engine bay look absolutely amazing.

17. Jo Diesel

We need a video so we can hear what it sounds like. Maybe when it hits the dyno. I bet it has a sound all its own

18. trbo355

If it had a bucks up UCC converter that stalled around 4 grand it would be retarded and probably work fairly well as a street car and be perfect at the track if it had a transbrake. Been working on the tune and getting all the other systems up to speed and gotta say its a hell of a fun setup! Its revs so fast and clean I don't regret one bit losing some cubic inches from destroking.

Ill see if I can record a video of it free revving so you boys can get an idea what its all about.

19. trbo355

Here are some random pics of the build that took 2 1/2 years of my life ill never get back. LOL

blue chevelle.jpg #ad

Chevelle blower and pink stripes.JPG #ad

chevelle driver side bondo 01.jpg #ad

chevelle passenger quarter 04.jpg #ad

my chevelle outside 01.jpg #ad

20. trbo355

More pics. Anybody that has built a car to this extent surely knows that it takes so much dedication to get anywhere that it pretty much wrecks marriages, relationships in general, any chance of actually having a life and also...wrecks your wallet. What I did in 2 1/2 years should have taken me 5 just to keep my sanity. LOL never again!

I have owned this car since I was 16 years old when I paid 275 bucks for it. 28 years later...here we are :)

My chevelle underhood mockup.jpg #ad

Chevelle sandblasted.jpg #ad

my chevelle turbos!.jpg #ad

my chevelle wastegate pipe.jpg #ad

my chevelle hood braces 01.jpg #ad

my chevelle brake lines.jpg #ad