1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

3rd gen camaro...from a single to twins.

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by BADASS355CIZ28, Nov 12, 2015.

1. BADASS355CIZ28

20160302_230004_resized.jpg #ad
    charge pipe is done!!!

20160302_230004_resized.jpg #ad

2. flyinhillbilly

Woohoo! Closer all the time.

3. BOOSTEDROK

which rad you running, seems to fit well, how's it work? Any info on it?

4. BADASS355CIZ28

It is a Jegs radiator. 28" x 16.5". Has 2 1" cores in it. Not sure how it works yet since I just got mine running this past weekend.

5. BADASS355CIZ28

ITS ALIVE [​IMG]#ad

6. flyinhillbilly

Sounds good. It's trippy seeing the exhaust vapors rising from the from fenders, lol.

7. BADASS355CIZ28

lol yeah it's definitely weird.

8. BADASS355CIZ28

Funds have been tight lately so I've done a few things that didn't cost me much. I still need to figure out what I'm going to use for a coolant resivoir.
    The alternator decided to let go, it's internals grenade as well.
    I did install some braces to support the chin spoiler and also made 2 small braces for the turbos.
    Hope to have it driving around soon though. twins done.jpg #ad

twins done.jpg #ad

9. BADASS355CIZ28

Just an update....The car is finally all together and now I can move onto driving it around and doing some tuning.

10. flyinhillbilly

Awesome, looking forward to the results.

11. BADASS355CIZ28

Finally I was able to take it for a quick ride last Sunday. I didn't feel any lag and the car pulls really well....I need to get some seat time in while running the tuning setup on the Megasquirt. And I think my Rear diff can't take the power. I started doing a small burnout and ended up leaving a single mark grrr

12. BADASS355CIZ28

I have been driving the car whenever I can lately. I ended up changing the Vibrant bullets out for a pair of Magnaflow mufflers...Much more tolerable now. I also believe I may hav a bad map sensor within the Megasquirt ecu. I have been experiencing an issue while cruising anywhere from 1500 to 2100 rpms where the tach will jump down and the car will feel like it had a big miss. So I will be working with that issue this coming week. Other than that the tuning is coming along well and man the car pulls very well.

13. BADASS355CIZ28

Just a quick update. Haven't been driving the car much to to an issue with the Megasquirt efi that has gotten worse since the day I first drove it with the single turbo setup. I purchased a Holley HP Efi system and installed that in. Moved a few gauges around, replaced a bent transmission mount bracket and loaded a base tune in the Holley efi for now. .I am hoping to get driving the car soon.

14. BDR

Which megasquirt do you have? Anyone helping you tune it?

15. BADASS355CIZ28

I had the Megasquirt 2 with the extra code. I was tuning it myself. Now I am running the Holley Hp Efi

16. BADASS355CIZ28

The car runs much better now that I have switched to the Holley efi system. Almost finished fine tuning it but let me tell you....at 70 mph in 3rd gear I have no trouble matting the gas pedal and leaving over 200 ft of rubber down. I am also waiting for a dual fan controller setup which should be here by Wednesday since my existing one suck.

17. BADASS355CIZ28

Little update here.....Fan controller was installed and works excellent. I was out one night and after one massive rolling 3rd gear burnout and an attempted 2nd attempt about 20 minutes later I ended up frying my 6 yr old clutch. I installed a Ram Power Grip HD clutch and didn't like how that felt after 3 test rides and on the 3rd one I hear a pop....took it apart to find the throw out bearing had broken. Spent the money and bought a Spec 5 clutch and was in the process of breaking that in with a basic tune .

Fast forward a few weeks...I was lifting and felt a tear through my right forearm into my bicep....thought I just tore a muscle.....worked through it for a few weeks and then decided to have an MRI done.......turns out I ruptured my right bicep....Now I am out of work for three months to recover after having surgery last week to repair it.. I will start posting more updates come Spring time when I am able to start working on the car again.

18. BADASS355CIZ28

19. BADASS355CIZ28

Here are just a few pictures from over the summer and fall. I am planning to get it tuned once spring comes as well as adding a few suspension goodies to the rear of the car. As for my surgery I went through about 5 weeks or so ago , I am doing quite well and cant wait until I can return back to work.

new album 473.jpg #ad

new album 476.jpg #ad

new album 185.jpg #ad

new album 186.jpg #ad

new album 204.jpg #ad

20. BDR

nevermind. I'm confused and understood after more sips of coffee.