1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

395", twin T70's, Full 3.5" exhaust, A/C, PS, billet intake, stock hood, pizza

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by TwinTrouble, Dec 16, 2009.

1. TwinTrouble

Motor is done! It should be here by the end of next week.

Here are pictures of the new pistons with the revised valve reliefs. Much better now:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

We more than likely won't have time to get this in the car for a month or so, but expect updates early to mid June!

thanks
    Shaun

2. Turbo Drag Radial

what compression with thos pistons?

My 418 has a rev dom and they are still 10.5:1.

3. TwinTrouble

It's 10.5:1. I would bet good money that yours are close to zero deck, right? Instead of a giant dish, we simply pulled out the dish volume and stuck the piston down in the hole. This gives you a thicker/stronger piston. If i had smaller chambers (these are 61cc) we would have preferred no valve reliefs and would have put the piston further down in the hole. However, that would have gotten the compression lower than we wanted.

Is your 418 a pump gas turbo motor too?

4. Unatural

It's crazy how far turbo/cam/tuning technology has come since I joined this site. I don't think ANYBODY would have purposely built a pump gas turbo engine with 10.5:1 compression when I first got into this stuff.

5. TwinTrouble

Hahaha, it sure is crazy! With that said, we find it even crazier how many STILL want to build a small cammed 8.5:1 pump gas engine! Talk about purposely shaming your family...

6. Turbo Drag Radial

Well......that question isnt a simply answer. Yes its pump gas.....but not the kind you're thinking of....E85.

7. TwinTrouble

Motor delivered a couple weeks ago to Anthony's shop. We haven'd any time to even open the crate. Hoping to get back to the car in a few weeks when the house is done. In the mean time, here are a few comparison pics:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

8. fattirehotrods

Cant wait to see this thing running.

9. philly

lol the new wastegate could pass the old one thru it almost... very nice cant wait to see this thing get thrown together and hit the pavement

10. 74chlngrTT5.9

Another one one for the list of eagerly waiting.

11. Venmousracer

Can't wait to see this kind sir!!!!

12. TwinTrouble

Small update, the newest member of the Shaunthony's crew has arrived! His name is Cru MacGyver and he should be TIG welding in a few weeks.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Regarding the build, the motor is now at HQ fully dressed, and ready to be dropped in. All we need to do before it goes in is to remake the valley pan. The 69 block had a bit lower deck height so the old valley pan (collection plate as Anthony calls it) was too small. Once we get the motor in we can "massage" the turbo kit and intercooler over a weekend. Aaron will be back in town the end of July, so the hope is to get everything running so he can put together a low boost tune with the new combo. The plan is to get the car driveable and have Don dyno tune it next spring when we have more time.

Update pics to follow once we start installing the new turbos and gates.

thanks,
    Shaun

13. turbo68bird

Congratulations on the new little guy, he's a cutie and looks right at home under the hood.

Looking forward to seeing how the new combination works out for you.

14. Venmousracer

As I said before, congrats, and welcome to the club!!!

I had a chance to see this sexy guy I. Person last week!!!!

My offer still stands for the intake! I know you need the extra cash for diapers and formula!!!

15. wtfovr

Congrats on the baby boy!

16. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Congratulations on the birth of your son!

17. 74chlngrTT5.9

Congrats on the new addition. Also like the pic montage.

18. RyanMayo

How long till he pulls 700? Haha congrats man.

19. philly

congrats on the new baby!

20. cooter

Congrats on the little one!

I need help scotching a snake. Maybe zimas in trade....PM sent