1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

395", twin T70's, Full 3.5" exhaust, A/C, PS, billet intake, stock hood, pizza

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by TwinTrouble, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Lazor05

Re: 395", twin T70's, Full 3.5" exhaust, A/C, PS, billet intake, stock hood, pizza

Good luck! :D

Looking forward to some updates tomorrow.

2. fattirehotrods

Re: 395", twin T70's, Full 3.5" exhaust, A/C, PS, billet intake, stock hood, pizza

This thing break the dyno yet?

3. 1BAD6T6

:corn:

4. TwinTrouble

:corn:

5. Anthony Fury

:bored:

6. 86merc

This thread delivers!

I saw this thing strapped to the dyno. But Shaun seemed more interested in the 1,500awhp GTRs spread around the shop.

7. FNFAST

We are all at the edge of our seats. Where is the dyno at? Local?

8. ewoogy

Come on, must have done one pull by now :D

9. 86merc

Ohmai!!!

[​IMG]#ad

10. fattirehotrods

I like how the stripes go under the spoiler as well, makes it look very nice :) ......come on we want dirt this thing split the block in 1/2, make 900hp, break the dyno, something..........

11. TwinTrouble

Sorry everyone, we gotta give you all at least a little update....our next dyno appointment is in two weeks, 8/9.

Nothing to report from yesterday, long day, even longer story. The Good news is the car is doing great and ready to rock.

Sorry to make you guys wait another 2 weeks, but for what its worth, we are even more frustrated than you guys are!

12. wtfovr

Looks like someone is trying to check pins at the ECU? I thought it was running fine. What kind of issues are you having? I know I had issues up to and on the dyno too.

13. TwinTrouble

You are correct, It was running fine; it just wasn't starting consistently. I was just double checking the wiring and some voltages at the ECU. No real problems, just a few issues that they asked us to look into to make sure we were on the right track. We all agreed that it would be best to get the car back to our shop to check a few things out and reschedule the dyno session. We got the car home, spent some time going through it, and confirmed that everything was indeed functioning correctly. Should be good to go for the next dyno session!

thanks,
    Shaun

14. jaquetapus

So...we ready for some more dyno time?! Two days and counting!! Load that thing up with some C16 and let the four digit rwhp numbers rip!! I'm really curious to see how the 'round town throttle response is with the insane intake setup. What kind of CFM estimates do you have? I wonder what kinda total throttle body area you've got goin' there...according to my Googling, something like 31.8 square inches, or equivalent to a single 161mm throttle body? Sweet!

-dave

15. TwinTrouble

Yes, we are ready! Here are a few updates:

- We finally solved the starting issue! Get ready to laugh at me...the key on power i grabbed to energize the relay for the injector driver was key on power, but not during cranking. So what does this mean? No injectors firing during cranking! That'll do it! Man, do i feel stupid. :doh: Oh well, it starts like a champ now and it really hasn't been tuned yet. :2thumbs:

- We are finishing up the meth/water injection tonight. Everything is all wired up, all we have to do is mount the nozzles and make the tank.

We will updated everyone this thursday!

Thanks!
    Shaun

16. Forcefed86

Any good shots of the turbo drain routing? Did you end up doing a gravity dump or did you have to use a pump?

Thanks!

17. TwinTrouble

No shots of the turbo drains, just -10 lines right back to the oil pan.

18. Anthony Fury

2 more days until:

[​IMG]#ad

19. Lazor05

I will be eagerly waiting for Thursday's update!!

20. furious70

better get some fat guys to sit on the spoiler too :p