1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

395", twin T70's, Full 3.5" exhaust, A/C, PS, billet intake, stock hood, pizza

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by TwinTrouble, Dec 16, 2009.

1. jaquetapus

Re: 395", twin T70's, Full 3.5" exhaust, A/C, PS, billet intake, stock hood, pizza

So how's the tuning coming? Can't wait to see what this thing can do!

-dave

2. TwinTrouble

Re: 395", twin T70's, Full 3.5" exhaust, A/C, PS, billet intake, stock hood, pizza

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately, we haven't had anytime to look at the car. I am out of town every weekend this moth so it may have to wait until July. However, we did whip up some spring spacers and toss them on with some new springs a couple weeks back. The 28" tall M&H drag radials fit pretty good now!

Since the summer is already pretty much here and Aaron is back in Switzerland we may make the executive decision to take it to the AEM pro's at AMS. Sure, we can keep messing with it, but it needs to go on a dyno anyways since full RPM rage WOT tuning on the street is out of the question due to local laws/physics/math. Besides, it't probably worth paying for it so it can be done and we can just enjoy the car.

Before anymore tuning i think i am going to step up to some adult size injectors. Does anyone have any experience running disc style injectors? We have always ran the Bosch pintle style. I plan on grabbing some 96's, 120's, or 160's, depending on what kind of deals are out there.

Thanks,
    Shaun

3. Lazor05

Any updates? This is my favorite build to watch. Can't wait to see what kind of numbers it puts out!

4. TwinTrouble

Thanks for the kind words, glad you are enjoying the build!

I am currently trading emails with Chris at AMS about having him tune the car. In the meantime, we have a small punch list before we get the car on the dyno:

- Tighten up the valve lash
    - Bigger injectors
    - Add a knock sensor (requested by Chris at AMS)
    - Helicopter mod
    - And unfortunately, we are going to insulate the intercooler. :'( There is just too much radiant heat under the hood. Hopefully we can make the top piece of insulation snap or velcro off for car shows and stuff.

I will let everyone know when i have a dyno date locked in so everyone can get their horsepower estimates into the pool!

thanks,
    Shaun

5. Lazor05

Thanks for the update! That is too bad about the intercooler. It looks so nice :doh:

6. furious70

well, perhaps you guys can knit the intercooler a nice little blanky with the middle finger, show your softer sides of fabrication :p

7. TwinTrouble

Ok, dyno date set...Thursday July 26! Just ordered a set of 120# injectors too! Time for Anthony and i to start working our way thought the punch list.

The car will sit for a couple weeks until i'm done traveling (driving father in laws soft top jeep wrangler to new mexico for him new weekend, kill me now), but stay tune for updates in early July! :welder:

8. wtfovr

Tune date on my birthday.....cool. I say 880rwhp.

The 120's on mine run at 65% with E85 and 650rwhp. I am sure they will work just fine for you guys. If you want a file to look at with trickflow 120's, let me know and I will email it to you.

Good luck with the punch list.

9. jaredsamurai

WTF? I can't wait that long. This is bullshit.

10. TwinTrouble

Thanks for the offer. Derek told me that the injectors come with all the data tables, if anything is missing i may take you up on that offer!

And for anyone guessing HP, these will be pump gas pulls only. I don't have the cash for a new short block and trans rebuild right now, so we are going to keep it fairly conservative(why is that word even in the Shaunthony's vocabulary?!?)! Hope we don't let you guys down!

Maybe to make it more fair...make your horse power estimates at 10psi.

11. Lazor05

Still 25 more days until dyno day?! Ughh. Looking forward to the results!! :bow:

12. Not a 350

I'll bite.

620rwhp @10psi on race gas.

13. BOOSTEDROK

I'm guessing 586 on 10.

14. Crawlin5.0

I'd guess mid 600's on 10psi.

15. TwinTrouble

I hate to make this even less exciting, but we more than likely will only be making pump gas pulls. However, if we do have time for race gas pulls you can bet your ass they will be at way more than 10psi!

16. 74chlngrTT5.9

I will skip the hp guess and go back to the IC cover.
    Make it 2 piece and top portion lifts up with hood.
    Seals to bottom half when hood is closed.
    That way finger stands proud without bother.
    Good luck and good numbers for dyno day.

17. jfive

624rwhp once dialed in, assuming the convertor allows you to get the power to the dyno. :2thumbs:

18. wtfovr

One week till dyno day. Are ya'll ready?

19. Lazor05

So, Dyno day is tomorrow right?!?!?!

20. TwinTrouble

This is it guys, Dyno day tomorrow! We drop it off at AMS at the end of the day today so they can start first thing in the morning.

Car is ready, Anthony and i were driving it around last night to make sure everything still works. We have the 120lb injectors installed, heat exchanger for the IC, and we wrapped the bottom and sides of the IC with insulation.

Wish us luck, we will update everyone tomorrow!