1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

395", twin T70's, Full 3.5" exhaust, A/C, PS, billet intake, stock hood, pizza

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by TwinTrouble, Dec 16, 2009.

1. jaquetapus

Re: 395", twin T70's, Full 3.5" exhaust, A/C, PS, billet intake, stock hood, pizza

If you guys need another pair of hands or a camera operator or something give me a call! Or I'd be happy to just watch...

-dave

2. PrecisionTurboMustang

Re: 395", twin T70's, Full 3.5" exhaust, A/C, PS, billet intake, stock hood, pizza

That's what she said.

3. Sully

lmao....whys the video so shaky??? the camera man was masturbating....

4. Anthony Fury

Update: after an entire morning of complete bullshittery, Jaquetapus Dave & his pal Joe came through and loaned us a pair of wheels which fit the wheel wells better than the giant 275s. Thanks dudes!!! The Shaunthony's crew owes you Zima. :cheers: I think Shaun and Aaron are out tuning it now...

5. NigelTufnel

Two thumbs up! :2thumbs: Been a long time coming but looks like you're on the home stretch. You guys certainly have a lot to be proud of with this build.

Keep us posted on when/where you take the car out; some of us locals would love to see it in person.

6. Anthony Fury

Thanks a million Nigel! It means a lot coming from a guy with a world class street car. Seriously, when do we get to see it so we can lick the love pump / smell the glove? :)

As for exposure, Shaun said he is driving this thing all summer, come hell or high water or $5 gas. He said I get to punch him in the balls too if he tries to go back on this statement.

Anyway, the car made its first couple of laps today. Shaun had a shit eating grin on his face the couple of times I saw him get on it. I'm told throttle response is insane, and Aaron is still tweaking the tip in. Stay tuned, fair citizens!

7. furious70

Add me to the list of locals who'd like to see it. Big mopar show this sunday at the Dupage fairgrounds in Wheaton, there is an 'open' class, if he wants to draw some strange glances :) Aaron's secrets for tip in would be great too, mine got much worse with the turbos than it was NA

8. jaquetapus

Hell yeah! Bring it to the Mopar show and give the yokels something to scratch their heads about! Plus, I'll be there too and I want to see it!

-dave

9. jaquetapus

Also, come to think of it, a good place to show off your moldy quad turbo Fury! (provided they'd let you through the gates with it looking like it currently does)

10. furious70

2 Furys with 6 combined turbos might scramble their brains, but I think the bigger problem is using the grandstand as the brakes on the car with it lacking a reasonable deceleration system...

11. jaquetapus

Psh! That's what the crowds of Mopar purist sheep are for! Plenty of stopping power with all the beer guts and mullets!

12. Lazor05

I have been lurking this forum for a while and I had to create an account today just so I could comment. This build is amazing! I can't wait to see some numbers and a video! Maybe I am getting ahead of myself here. Some more pictures will be fine too :)

13. nealysa

I had to bump it off the second page to see if there is a tune update.

14. TwinTrouble

sorry everyone, i owe you all a tune update but i'm back at work after taking a week off for tuning and totally slammed.

cliffs - fixed the charging issue, need to grab the stock rear springs from a buddy to hopefully get the rear end high enough to find the drag radials on the car, driveability is coming along really good. However, Aaron made a few changes in the driveway right before he left for the airport and sure enough, now the car is acting like an asshole. He just emailed me a new file to try out.

challenges:
    - throttle blips: rev it too fast, engine bogs. This needs work
    - tires roast anything more than 1/2 throttle rolling in. Gotta get the big tires back on the car

Damn, phone keeps ringing, i gotta go. I'm gonna mess with it more later this week and i will give you guys the update you all deserve!

thanks,
    Shaun

15. wtfovr

"tires roast anything more than 1/2 throttle rolling in."
    Sounds like a good time to me.

My Nitto NT05R 315's don't stand a chance on mine either until you get into 4th.

How are you liking the AEM so far?

I found it a little hard to get used to but so far it is working great. It still needs some fine tuning of my file though.

16. Anthony Fury

Shaun sent me a video taken by Derrick (the D-boner) during tuning. It sucks really bad so I'm not even posting it. Once we get the springs and real tires back on the car (this weekend?), I think we'll get a good 30 second clip with a walk-around, a reach around and hopefully a couple of throttle rolls. After driving around behind it on fire patrol for 2 hours, it doesn't sound like a turbo car AT ALL. More like a BB N/A Chevelle with very polite mufflers. Zero whistling, no BOVs, just a thumpy idle and a grunt coming away from stop signs. In fact, not one rich old person out gardening in their front lawns even turned around to scowl at us....and it doesn't even have tailpipes!

17. Unatural

Are you guys going to put tailpipes on it?

18. nealysa

I didn't notice it, but is the cam cut for this type of intake?

19. Anthony Fury

Yes, a la Lord Pratt's build:

https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/the-
    builds-board-hall-of-fame-builds/5%27-dp-full-3-5%27-exhaust-stock-hood-full-accessory-3700-capri-9-31-146/msg1090891/#msg1090891

Except imagine the tips coming through the slots in a Cobra bumper, hahahah.

[​IMG]#ad

It was cut for some suburban hillbilly's wet dream of a hyd. roller nitrous SBF. So, probably not, hahahah. One big regret is not ponying up during the engine build stage for something more complementary to these heads / high compression / turbos / solid rollers. Oh well, guess we'll find out just how bad this one is...

20. 86merc

As it sits now the car should be capable of producing enough power to split the stock block with no problem. I am sure once there is good data on what the car/engine are doing Shaun will be looking into a new Dart block based short block filled with all kinds of billet goodies. Including a new cam to fit the engine combo better. Luckily for Shaun and I turbos are very forgiving of cam timing events. haha