1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

2JZ 65 Mustang Build - Painting Car in Garage - Nearing Completion

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by turbocobra, Apr 17, 2012.

1. CUUDAK

Nice job from a garage!

Wonder what the neighbors thought??....... Eww that smell!!!..... I moved from the "Restricted" Suburbs! LoL....

2. boostedtorino

listen here D-Bag I have a 69 Torino (along with a 68 fast back torino, a 67 fairlane 2dr hard top, and a 67 fairlane vert projects) that runs pretty damn hard for what it is and is in the process of a lot more work at the moment. The reason I made the comments I made were because as a classic ford owner that is pretty much desicration :ahah: , as far as paint and body I give mad props because one i will never be that patient or good at it lol. But it still dont change the crap engine choice I know they make power I know they run well but I HATE!!!! TOYOTA to my CORE and that is why I said what I did. Im sorry if you got your vaginer hurt by it but tough shit its my opinion. but other than engine choice mad props on the build and execution. I can still appreciate the rest of the car. to the OP none of this was directed at you. lol

One reason probably for this was one the handling but also the 64.5-66 engine bay is different and smaller than the 67 used in the movie so it was probably almost mandatory if you wanted to get all the stuff from the 2jz to fit nicely.....

3. Turbofox89

Going to be doing the MSII style setup on my 69 as well, dropping in the stuff from my 89GT :welder: I was wondering how they looked on the cars and after seeing it on this one I really think that the way i'm going to go. Few different versions out there though. Any particular reason you went with the R&C one over the others? Just trying to get an idea about who to get one from eventually.

4. Disney Lincoln

Awesome build!!!!!

I helped my dad a ton when I was 14-16 with a 65 FB bench seat car. I loved that car and poured a ton of my time into it. Every day after school/work I was out sanding, cleaning, polishing. It turned out wicked and won tons of trophys until pops sold it. Wish I could do it again!

5. boostedtorino

they never offered a bench in a stang as far as i know

6. StabbinStevem

Yes they did... It was just the base model seat offered, and most were ordered with buckets.

7. Unatural

Great job on the whole project so far. I recently finished doing body/paint work on my car in my garage as well. It was just the engine compartment, but it gave me a taste of what it would be like to do the whole car. I'm not sure that I'm quite ready to do the whole thing yet, but your work is starting to make me think about it. ;)

8. gaterstomper

WoW !! Great build! I just started a 65 mustang build myself, you have giving me a lot of ideas! Keep up the good work.

9. boostedtorino

Well let me refphrase thar, I have never seen one. I know they were an option on certain yrs didnt know any existed lol. why would you get that in a mustang anyways??

10. ss496

Turbocharged + rear wheel drive + bad ass paint/body style = awesome

As a man of principle given the above I have to like it!!

11. stangman9897

Yo someody is looking for you ;) https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/bs-(non-tech)-forum/dear-boostedtorino/#lastPost

12. Turbohwagon

Very nice build. I love the color choice. This makes me wish i knew how to paint worth a damn. :(

13. PaulF

Any updates?

Is your boy out melting the tires off this thing yet?

The more I come back to this thread the more I like this build!

14. BreakDancer

I'm sticking with my original statement this car needs to be drifted. It would hands down be the coolest car at any drift event!!

15. 99TTGT

sweet ride.!
    very well put together.. :2thumbs:

16. turbocobra

Here is the latest update for anyone that is interested:

17. Mustangbrad94gt

awesome job guy's

18. stangman9897

What turbo are you going to run on the 2JZ motor . you look like someone i have seen before or maybe someone that looks like you.

19. turbocobra

I called R&C and Heidts. Talked to both at length. R&C is much more knowlegeable on their products, and the support, responsiveness, etc has been great. Highly reccomend them!

20. turbocobra

It's all just a stock 2JZ setup for now. Probably do 6 speed, turbo upgrade, and standalone ecm in the future.

Thanks everyone for the comments. Hope to do a test drive in it around the block in a couple weeks...